𝖡𝖺𝖼𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗂𝖺𝗅 𝖯𝗇𝖾𝗎𝗆𝗈𝗇𝗂𝖺 - 𝖢𝗁𝗋𝗂𝗌

Hello friends, I wanted to create a chapter involving a couple requests I've gotten over the last few weeks. This story had so many scenes and parts it was a challenge to put together but I'm proud of how it turned out. 

@Sparkler2020 "maybe one of the bits could be Chris being all sick and whiny and Matt and Nick just baby him and rub his back when he gets emotional? I love the idea of Chris' face shoved into Matt's neck while Matt just holds him close and rocks side to side.

@emmypaige9147 "one where Chris is afraid of needles (again) and where he is already sick and need his blood drawn.  Like crying, and he really doesn't want it done and tries to refuse. Obvi Nick and Matt are there to calm him down in the ER. 

@ArtistOfCrochet requested more medical whump!

Summary: Chris has flu-like symptoms but gets progressively worse so they head to the hospital. After a few tests it's determined he has bacterial pneumonia. 

Words: 2900

♡ Chris felt like he tore a vocal chord as his coughs became more aggressive. He couldn't  seem to get rid of the presence of the phlegm that blocked his airway. His chest felt tight and his body was beginning to ache. A dull pain starting at the bottom of his spine worked it's way up his back. All his coughing and gagging was causing his brothers to nag on him about being annoying and interrupting them as they tried to film their new car video. The car they were in began to feel like a furnace, he took off his hoodie before his body could overheat but his skin still felt clammy.  Half way through their filming, Matt had stepped out to adjust the camera and Chris fell into another coughing fit, "get a fucking Mucinex before speaking to me." Nick retorted to him.  Matt came back into the vehicle and they continued with their discussion of confessions. After Nick's second alarm went off they realized they had been filming for twenty minutes. Nick dreaded the editing process of the video as most takes had Chris displaying his sickness, loudly. 

"Chris what is going on with the coughing?" Nick blatantly asked him, tapping his shoulder. 

"Yeah, you feeling okay?" Matt chimed in, playfully shoving his brother's arm. 

"No, I feel fucking awful, like I must be getting sick." Chris sniffled, his nose running out of control. 

+

After they finished the video, they stopped at the McDonald's drive thru wanting to get McFlurries. As Matt pulled through and Nick collected orders, Chris surprised the group by saying he wasn't hungry. 

"You sure? Seriously?" Matt pushed at his shoulder slightly, trying to gain his attention as Chris was looking out the passenger side window. 

"Yeah, I just wanna go home, my throat, my head, everything just hurts." His voice sounded raspy, a consequence of his coughing. 

"Okay, okay, that's fine, we'll go home after this," Matt patted his knee lightly while Nick placed their order through the back window. Chris grabbed his brother's hand in his own without turning his head. He interlocked Matt's fingers with his own. Matt allowed it to happen, continuing in the drive-thru with his left hand on the wheel. He let go only to grab the items coming through the window as the worker handed him their McFlurries. He passed one back to Nick in the back seat and placed his own in the drink holder. 

"You're not going to eat it?" Chris questioned him. 

"No, I will when we get home," he answered before retaking Chris' hand in his and playing with his fingers. 

As the three boys listened to Nick's playlist, and the sounds of the oldest screaming Melanie Martinez lyrics, rain started to fall on the windshield. Matt continued to focus on the road, the rain was only light, luckily not impairing his vision much. Once he approached the driveway he let go of Chris' hand for the first time to make the turn. After he placed his foot on the brake and switched into park, he took the keys from the ignition. Grabbing his ice cream from his cup holder he caught a glance of Chris, his brother looked upset. He made a note to ask him more about it when they got inside, away from the rain coming down.