𝖨𝗆𝗆𝗎𝗇𝗈𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖺𝗉𝗒 𝖯𝖺𝗋𝗍 2 -𝖢𝗁𝗋𝗂𝗌

Buckle up, get strapped in.

TW: needles, hospitals, doctors, panic attack, anxiety attack.

Heavy on the Chris whump, I'm not apologizing LOL.

Words: 2114

Summary/Recap from Part 1:

Chris was now sat on the medical table in the corner of the doctor's room. Matt was standing hovered over him. The older had Chris leaned against his body, holding him securely. He ran his hand up and down Chris' back.

"Listen, I know you're scared, but I'm right here, focus on your breathing," he tilted his brother's chin up so their eyes met. Matt looked into glassy blue eyes, wiping a few tears from Chris' cheeks with this sleeve, "take a deep breath with me," he demonstrated, motioning for Chris to follow his lead. The younger took a shaky breath, quick rapid gasps for air followed.

Continued..

♡ Matt frowned at the sound of his brother's panicked breaths, starting to feel a heavy pull in his chest. He hugged Chris tighter, hoping the compression of the hug would help. He felt his younger brother cozy the side of his cheek into his chest. He was positive Chris was following his heart beat's lead so he made an active effort to calm himself. Silence came over the room as he held Chris close, he gently danced his finger tips up and down his brother's back.

"Hi again, how are we-" Maria cut herself off when she entered the room and saw Chris slouched in Matt's arms, "how are we feeling?" she changed her tone from cheery to sympathetic.

"Good, we're good, just a bit nervous I think," Nick spoke for the group.

"Ah, I see, well I can understand that, but I promise I'll make this as quick as possible so we can all be out of here soon." Maria set her supplies she had carried in on a stand beside the boys.

Matt listened to her and Nick debate about the rain forecast projected for later in the day and the traffic that was bound to slow as a result. Matt internally questioned how Nick was so engaged in the conversation considering he couldn't drive and didn't have to deal with this traffic he spoke of. Regardless, he was happy his brother empathically knew to carry the conversing responsibilities so he never had to. Especially now, as he had the obligation of being his youngest brother's shoulder to cry on, literally. He turned back his focus to Chris as he felt his shoulder beginning to become numb from the consistent weight on it. He didn't mind much as Chris seemed content.

"Okay so who's going first?" Maria looked between the oldest and youngest.

"Chris, do you want me to go first or you?" Nick's voice was sweet. 

"You." Chris spoke into Matt's shirt.

"Alright, can you hold my hand?" Nick asked him. Nick wasn't nervous. He wasn't a fan of injections, especially three one after the other, but he had tattoos. He had tattoos covering his arm and half his leg, that were exposure therapy of sorts. Needles didn't scare him like they used to. But he knew his youngest brother's phobia all too well. Nick was also aware of the shame spiral Chris put himself into after he would show his true fear. Chris voiced on several occasions how embarrassed he was of his emotions surrounding his phobia. Saying no twenty year old should be cowering into the arms of his brothers over a needle. Nick always told him he saw it differently. He viewed Chris as strong for continuing even in events that scared him. He would tell him time and time again how true strength is not the absence of fear, but carrying on with something even though you're scared. Matt would always agree with Nick, adding that the two of them would never leave Chris and he would never have to face anything on his own.  Their words, even though repeating, usually made Chris feel better. Requesting support from the youngest, Nick figured, helped normalize Chris' need for comfort. Hopefully making Chris feel less alone in his constant quest for physical touch. It was nice, Nick thought, to pin Chris in a consoling role once in a while.