𝖨'𝗏𝖾 𝖡𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝖴𝗉 𝖠𝗅𝗅 𝖭𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍, 𝖭𝗈 𝖲𝗅𝖾𝖾𝗉 𝖯𝖺𝗋𝗍 2 - 𝖢𝗁𝗋𝗂𝗌

Welcome to part 2 friends, I hope you enjoy <33 ILYY

Words: 1495

 ♡ "Do you want to watch a few Tiktok's with me?" Matt asked.

Chris had come into Matt's room, led by the promise of a casual sleepover. Matt made it clear to him he didn't have to sleep, they could just stay up and hang out. Matt told his brother if he fell asleep that would be great, but there was no pressure. They'd take it easy and the focus would just be on Chris relaxing, nothing else. 

"Mmmhmm, maybe," Chris had his hand in his mouth, he was stood at the end of Matt's bed, biting at his nails. A little aggressively for Matt's liking but the middle triplet didn't comment on it. 

Chris looked around the room nervously, avoiding making a decision about laying down. He was still incredibly anxious. Given it had been days since he'd slept well the exhaustion was only heightening his anxious feelings. His tired mind never did his anxiety any favours and that was abundantly clear in this moment. 

"C'mere, it's fine Chris," Matt encouraged him. His brother's sympathetic voice was enough to motivate the youngest to kneel onto Matt's bed and slowly crawl in.

"We can watch some videos and if you fall sleep then just let it happen okay? I'll be right here I got you," Matt assured him.

"Okay," Chris was still hesitant, he slowly sat himself down on the bed. 

Chris was sat up in the bed awkwardly, with his back against Matt's headboard. Matt was laying down, propped up on his side, watching his brother's expressions carefully. He patted his shoulder and his brother looked at him blankly for a moment before moving.

"Come, lay on me, you can't be comfortable sitting up like that," Matt suggested to him.

Chris scooted himself down in the bed so he was parallel with his brother's body. Still being cautious of actually cuddling with him. He knew there was a good chance of him giving into his exhaustion if he were to lay on Matt. The probability of him falling asleep was always high when he cuddled into Matt. He knew Matt would massage his scalp in the way he liked and he knew Matt would scratch his back, both options would enviably send him into a deep sleep. That wasn't something he wanted, because he also knew that the sleep paralysis was bound to follow.

"Get comfortable," Matt had his arms in an open position, welcoming him to lay down.

"I don't know," Chris looked sheepishly at his brother.

"I know buddy, listen I'll be here I got you, you don't need to me scared, I'm right here," Matt analyzed his brother's face for a reaction.

Without words Chris moved himself down more and laid his head into the crook of Matt's shoulder where it met his underarm. Chris' head fit perfectly into the area. Matt smiled when he felt his brother snuggle into him closer.

"There you go," Matt assured.

Matt grabbed the blanket and pulled it up on both of them. He tucked it under Chris' chin and saw the youngest take a fist full of the fabric to hold. Chris had turned his body in more towards Matt's and the older secured his arms around him.

"It's okay to fall asleep, if anything happens I'll be right here. I wouldn't let anything hurt you okay?" Matt ran his hand through Chris' curls, massaging his fingertips into his scalp. Chris leaned into the touch, he let out a relaxed exhale at the feeling.

"Mmhmm," Chris mumbled in agreement.

Matt was holding his phone with his right hand and was now using the other to run his hand up and down Chris' arm. He held the phone directly in front of them, making sure they both had a good view. Opening Tiktok, he started to scroll his for you page looking for good videos to watch.

The two of them watched through Matt's for you page, laughing at edits of themselves and Matt even reposting a few relatable videos. Chris' reactions eventually got quieter and Matt knew he was asleep when he scrolled to a deer video and his brother didn't say anything. Matt carefully placed his phone on his nightstand and reached for his lamp to turn it off. He was cautious with his movements, moving slowly to ensure Chris stayed asleep.

"Goodnight," he whispered, kissing the top of his brother's head.

They held their position, Chris in Matt's arms, for the rest of the night. Matt was adamant about remaining a stable, comfortable figure for his brother. He wasn't usually a fan of sleeping on his back but for the night he was willing to sacrifice he's own comfort for his brother's. It also assured he wouldn't be in a deep sleep, allowing him to wake up easily if Chris needed him. 

The two of them slept for close to three hours. It wasn't nearly as long as Matt had hoped but he was grateful for any hours of sleep Chris got. He spoke to Nick in the morning and they planned to all sleep in the oldest's room the next night. Hoping him and Nick together with Chris would allow the youngest to get an actual full nights rest. The two older were exhausted themselves by this point but had faith that tonight they'd be able to coax Chris into a good sleep.

+

As promised, the two older executed their plan for all three of them to sleep in Nick's room. Matt had washed Nick's bed sheets that day to ensure they smelled fresh and were extra fluffy for their sleepover. Nick picked out a movie he knew Chris would enjoy, the Ninja Turtles, and even DoorDashed snacks to eat during the viewing.

"How are you feeling?" Matt asked his brother, who was curled into his side.

"Okay," Chris replied to him.

The youngest was in between his brothers, tucked warmly under Nick's blankets. He was laying on his right side, cuddled into Matt, with his head on the older's shoulder. Nick was behind him, rubbing his hand up and down Chris' back while eating popcorn with his other.

The three of them watched the Ninja Turtle movie in it's entirety. Afterwards, Nick put on the fan sounds youtube video he fell asleep to every night.

+

Following Matt's snores, Nick's could be heard in close proximity to Chris' ear. The oldest still had a secure hold on Chris' frame. The youngest was overly aware of the weight of his brother's arms around him. It wasn't uncomfortable but the pressure of Nick holding him tightly was turning overwhelming rather than comforting. 

Chris was still awake, no end to his exhaustion in sight. His anxious thoughts took over his mind, making him overanalyze the fact that he was alone, both of his brothers now fast asleep. They promised to stay awake, to protect him, now there was nobody to help him, nobody to save him if something happened. There was no way he would be able to sleep now. 

Matt's stirred in his sleep, Chris wanted desperately to call out to him. But he knew he'd feel guilty for waking him up unnecessarily. Chris let a tear trail down his cheek, he felt hopeless. Like there was no cure for the way he was feeling and no ending to his torment.

Regardless of the presumed safety of his position between his brothers, Chris felt exposed. He felt vulnerable to horrors of sleep. He couldn't, under no circumstances close his eyes, it wasn't safe, he wasn't safe. His train of thought caused a wave of emotion to wash over him. A buzz developed in his ears before his eyes burned with fresh tears. 

A flood of tears pooled down Chris' cheeks, soaking Nick's skin. Chris' head was resting on the oldest's bicep, Nick's exposed skin was soon wet with his brother's tears. Chris couldn't stop the monsoon of tears and the sob that broke from his lips. Soon he was fully engulfed in the consequence of his anxiety, his crying intensified but he remained alone. 

He pressed his lips together, silencing himself from being loud. He didn't want to wake his brothers, this was his battle and he was becoming increasingly embarrassed of his clinginess to Matt and Nick. He knew his brothers would become sick of him eventually, he knew he'd have to fight this alone. Less than kind thoughts rushed into his head. His self-awareness thoughts turned self-deprecating and he couldn't help but cry out as he started to believe them. He put his own hand over his mouth, suppressing the sound of his cries. His belly was heaving up and down rapidly with his sobs. He scrunched up his face, trying to suppress his cries. Chris successfully turned his sobbing quiet. He was shaking as he fought to hold in his sadness. Crying softly, and nearly silently while his brothers slept peacefully.

Sad little ending on this one, sorry friends <33 ILY