𝖨𝗆𝗆𝗎𝗇𝗈𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖺𝗉𝗒 - 𝖢𝗁𝗋𝗂𝗌

Hey y'all, I had an idea come to my mind after watching the podcast of Nick and Chris super sick with allergies. This one is pretty heavy on the Chris whump (I know shocking from me).

Summary: Chris and Nick inquire about immunotherapy injections, Matt is emotion support. 

TW: needles, hospitals, nurses.

Words: 1193

♡ As Nick edited their new podcast, he texted the group chat jokingly reporting a sneeze count for Chris.

Groupchat/
Nick: guys Chris has sneezed like 15x already 💀
Chris: what
Nick: in the podcast ep, I'm editing dumby
Matt: kids disgusting

One conversation ending in argument, one ending in compromise, and a phone call to the doctors office later, had led the boys to the Dale Clinic. Nick had brought it up first, suggesting him and Chris receive allergy shots. They had tried immunotherapy as kids, Matt included. It wasn't a happy memory though, what child enjoys two injections consecutively. Regardless, they had worked. As the years went by, the brothers found solace in over the counter medications instead. Recently, however, these medications weren't working as well as they once did.

At 20, the triplets found themselves willing to experiment with immunotherapy again, some more enthused than others. On a rainy Saturday, Matt had driven the crew to the Dale Clinic. As they sat parallel to each other, in uncomfortable chairs, the room was quiet. Nick's attention was on his phone, his head propped up by his arm. Matt was in the middle, fittingly, also on his phone, scrolling socials. Chris was on the left of Matt, staring blankly at the wall ahead. He could feel a tightness rise in his stomach and slowly move into his chest. Before it could engulf him, he felt a hand touch his. He looked up, meeting Matt's eyes. Chris smiled as he felt Matt grazing his fingers back and forth against his. The motion noticeably easing the tension in his chest. He watched as Matt's mouthed the words you okay?  to him. He nodded in response, lying.

Moments passed, before a nurse came through the office door. The boys turned in their seats to greet her. She introduced herself as Maria, she was tall in stature, wearing cream coloured scrubs. Nick took control of the conversation for his brothers, bantering with her about LA traffic and allergy season. He had her laughing as she organized the documents in her hand and sat down across from the three of them.

"So," she spoke in a light hearted tone, the typical California vocal fry ever so present in her voice, "I gather we are here for immunotherapy, also known as allergy shots, hmm?" she peeked at the documents in her hand.

"Yes," Nick spoke for them.

"Just you and Chris, correct?" she pointed with her pen in the youngest's direction.

"Yep!" Nick continued.

"Okay, well I'll start by explaining a bit about what's to come," Maria went on to explain the stages of the immunotherapy, how the boys will start with the, "build up phase," as she called it. She went on to discuss, how both of them would have three injections this afternoon and have to come back weekly for the next month for the first phase to be completed.

As Maria mentioned the three injections, Chris interlocked his fingers with Matt's. As she continued to give more information Chris gripped his brother's hand tighter. Matt was trying his hardest to conceal his discomfort as Chris increased his harsh grip.

"And after the month what do we do?" Nick questioned.

"After the month is over, we can go over how both of you are doing and how effective the treatment has been at that point. After which, we can step into the maintenance phase and look at a specific plan for each of you. Typically people will see a lot of improvement by then and only need to look at maintenance injections annually."

Nick thanked her for her explanation and Maria announced she had to leave to retrieve the supplies. After the door to the office shut behind Maria, Matt turned towards his brother.

"Chris you're cutting off my circulation dude," Matt broke his hand away, massaging it slightly trying to get the blood to return.

"What do you think Chris?" Nick asked plainly.

"Um, yeah, it's a good idea," he was still starring at the ground, "I don't want the allergies and if this helps then we should do it but I-" he was cut off.

"You don't like the idea of three needles?" Nick finished Chris' sentence.

"Yeah, I'm just um," he struggled to express his thoughts.

"Chris, it's fine if you're scared," Matt held his hand again, "it's just us here, we'll both be here the whole time. It's all good."

"Okay," he focused his mind on Matt rubbing circles on his palm, leaning his head against his brother's shoulder.

Nick and Matt chatted about upcoming video ideas as Chris tuned in to the rise and fall of Matt's chest, trying to match his breaths.

"Matty I-I" Chris hiccuped as his eyes started to water, "I really don't want to," he gasped heavily between words as he tried to catch a steady breath. Having pulled both his brothers' attention, the two older stood up, making their way close to Chris. Matt took position behind his youngest brother and draped his arms around his shoulders, pulling him into a hug and resting his chin on Chris' head.

"Okay Chris, we don't have to, you don't need to do anything you don't want to," Matt kissed the top of his brother's head.

Nick had squatted down in front of his brother, looking into his matching eyes, "we don't need to do this, you don't need to be upset okay?" he placed his hand on Chris' knee, moving the pad of his thumb in a circle.

"I-I- I want," he swallowed a lump that was building in his throat.

"Take your time, it's alright," Matt continued to rest his arms securely around his brother's frame from behind him.

"I want to, I'm just scared to," Chris finally got out.

Nick, still crouched down in front of Chris, picked up both his brothers' hands, entangling their fingers, "I know, Matty and me will be right here, you're not doing it alone, you can squeeze both our hands until they fall off okay?" He smiled, gaining a small laugh from his brother.

"Okay Nicky," he squeezed Nick's hands.

The three boys remained in their respective positions for a few minutes before Maria returned.

+

Chris was now sat on the medical table in the corner of the doctor's room. Matt was standing hovered over him. The older had Chris leaned against his body, holding him securely. He ran his hand up and down Chris' back.

"Listen, I know you're scared, but I'm right here, focus on your breathing," he tilted his brother's chin up so their eyes met. Matt looked into glassy blue eyes, wiping a few tears from Chris' cheeks with this sleeve, "take a deep breath with me," he demonstrated, motioning for Chris to follow his lead. The younger took a shaky breath, quick rapid gasps for air followed.

+

To be continued...