𝖨 𝖧𝖾𝖺𝗋 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝖠𝗀𝗂𝗍𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀, 𝖦𝗋𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖵𝗈𝗂𝖼𝖾 - 𝖢𝗁𝗋𝗂𝗌

@ChrissyOwenRose says: "Can you do another Chris one where suddenly he hates loud noises and he starts flinching one night because Nick is talking loudly (not angrily) and Matt is the only one who can comfort him?" Thank you for requesting ILY <3

Summary: The triplets watch the horror movie "Pearl". Chris is becoming overstimulated by the loud noises and jump scares. Nick is right beside him and the older's voice is adding to Chris' overwhelmed state. He goes to his room to be alone in the quiet but gets scared and seeks out Matt for comfort.

The irony is I became overstimulated writing this LOL. I hope it flows okay.

Words: 3072

♡ "So we agree, we're watching Pearl tonight?" Nick smirked, knowing he'd gotten his way.

"Noo, I said I didn't want to, I voted no," Chris said disappointedly.

"Well Matt has his hand up and I have my hand up, so that's majority," Nick pointed to his brother's raised hand then his own.

"That's not fair, you guys always do this," Chris pouted before throwing a punch in Nick's direction. Nick stepped out of the way, moving to set up the movie in the living room.

"Chrissss, you're fine, you can pick the movie next time," Matt patted his brother's back. The middle triplet followed in Nick's footsteps and took up space on the far end of the couch.

Chris let out an annoyed huffed. He walked over and set himself up on the couch, occupying the far right corner with a fluffy blanket he'd grabbed from their blanket basket.

"You know you don't have to watch it right?" Nick questioned the youngest, "you could watch something in your room you know?"

"No Nick, I wanna be here, with you guys," Chris barely had his words out before Nick reached over to mockingly pinch his brother's cheek with his fingers.

"Awww Chrissy, that's so cute, you're so c-" Nick was cut off by a hard slap to his hand.

"Fuck off Nick," Chris retaliated.

The oldest ignored his brother, moving closer to push Chris over a few centimetres so he himself could sit down. Nick ignored Chris' protests and settled the youngest into his side. He repositioned the blanket Chris was holding and placed it on the both of them. The youngest immediately settled into Nick, snuggling his head into the older's shoulder. Nick chuckled to himself at the change in Chris' demeanour.

+

Chris was cursing the director shortly after the movie had started. Only seconds in and Chris could immediately tell jump scares were presumably going to be every few minutes. For the time being the youngest was pretty content in his position laying against Nick's shoulder. He had his older brother's bicep in between his arms, cuddling into him. He figured if he got scared he'd just hide his face into Nick.

Soon, that was exactly what he did. He buried his face into Nick's neck, feeling the older bring a hand up to pat his head. The scene was building up suspense, the music, the eerie slow-burn, Chris could tell a jump scare was coming. He glanced at the screen curiously, seeing if it was over. In poetic timing, the character popped out right when he looked. Although he'd been expecting it, the sound effects dragged out the experience. The initial bang had caused Chris to flinch, earning another caress to his head by Nick. But the loud screams persisted, and the sound effects were relentless. Chris found himself wincing at the noises, becoming increasingly sensitive to the volume.

Finally, the mood of the movie shifted again. The grating noises stopped and the movie seemed serene and most importantly, quieter. But Chris knew better, he'd picked up on the predictable pattern by this point. The audio of the movie was inconsistent. A scary scene, leading to violence with far too loud sound effects, then back to quiet, with a jump scare sprinkled in for fun. But it wasn't fun for Chris. Each time a loud sequence would happen he found it harder and harder to endure. His blood pressure was rising and an anxious feeling nestled itself into his chest.