𝖡𝖺𝖽 𝖣𝖺𝗒 𝖤𝗆𝗈𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌 - 𝖢𝗁𝗋𝗂𝗌

Summary: Chris has a bad day, takes it out on Matt then breaks down. 

Word: 891

♡ Nick lifted off one side of his headset off his ear after he heard a loud bang, "what the," he mumbled to himself. He pushed his laptop off his lap and shuffled off his bed. Coming down the stairs he almost ran into Matt, who also came out of his room to investigate.

"You heard that too?" Nick looked to his brother.

"Yeah, Chris is in a mood," Matt huffed, "slammed the door, I tried to talk to him, he told me to fuck off, so I don't fucking know what his deal is."

"Nice start to the evening," Nick broke a smile, "where is he now?"

"His room," Matt spoke in a monotone, "I wouldn't go talk to him, he's being fucking rude."

"Why don't you go for a drive, get me an iced coffee while you're out, and one for you, on me," Nick routed around in his pocket then handed his bank card to Matt.

"Fine," the dark haired boy mumbled, grabbing his keys from the table.

Matt walked down the stairs and put his shoes on before exiting the front door.

Nick took a breath to prep himself before making his way to his youngest brother's room. Mindful of his next steps, he gently knocked on the door, "Chris, you good?" he asked casually.

"No, go away Nick," Chris' voice was muffled as he yelled back. Nick had it pictured in his head, his brother's face hiding underneath the blankets as he always did when upset.

"You don't sound good to me," Nick called still from behind the door. Still respecting his brother's space.

"Seriously Nick, fuck off, leave me," Chris was cut off,

"Don't swear at me when I'm just trying to help Chris," Nick opened the door slightly, peering in before an object hit the wall beside him, "don't fucking throw shit either." Nick walked over to his brother.

"Nickkk," Chris let out a long drawn out whine, irritation clearly present in his tone.

"You're slamming doors now? Swearing at Matty and upsetting him? Throwing shit at me?" Nick sat cautiously on Chris' bed, "what's that about?"

"I upset Matt?" Chris peeked out from under his comforter, making Nick audibly gasped at the sight of him.

"Chris.." Nick whispered, reaching a hand to stroke his brother's cheek gently. The youngest's eyes were glistening with tears, most of which covered the majority of his face. Pools of wetness gathered at the corners of his mouth and soaked onto his white pillow case. His cheeks and nose were bright pink and puffy just like his under eyes. He let out an anxious sniffle, and wiped his nose with the back of his sleeve, "I, I," Chris tried to speak but with Nick starring at him with a caring glance he couldn't help the sob that came out instead.

In a swift motion Nick laid himself down beside his brother and pulled him into his chest. Chris' head rested on Nick's chest as the older brother combed his hand through Chris' curls, "okay, okay, it's alright," Nick felt his chest tense as he listened to his brother continue to sob. After a few minutes there was finally a silence. He noticed Chris trying to match his breaths, "in and out, that's it," He kissed the top of Chris' head. They laid like that for 20 minutes before Nick heard their other triplet come back.

Nick covered Chris' ear before yelling upstairs, "Matt," he called out, "down here."

The sound of ice hitting a plastic cup could be heard as Matt made his way to Chris' room, "here," Matt reach out Nick's iced coffee, "where do you want it?"

"Table," Nick pointed to the bedside table, "thanks."

"Yeh," Matt mumbled, clearly still annoyed with his treatment earlier.

"I'm sorry Matty," Chris lifted his head from Nick's chest, "I was fucking rude and I didn't mean to be,"

"It's fine Chris, I'm over it," Matt didn't make eye contact.

"Matty please," Chris let out another cry, startling Matt, who wasn't present for the others.

"Kid, what is going on today," Matt crawled in on the other side of his youngest brother, "I thought you had a meeting with Laura?"

Chris moved to lay on Matt, cuddling into him before speaking, "I, I, I," he inhaled a shaky breath trying to gain composure, "I did but I got an Uber and the driver was fucking so rude and then I can't get the new launch to happen next week because the factory can't sign with us until the week after and, and I ripped my new shirt it got caught on the door handle, then someone recognized me in the 7/11 and like just started hugging me and I just," he wiped his eyes with his sleeve, "it was just too much I'm sorry I know it was fucking stupid to be rude to you."

"Bad day emotions huh, I get it," Matt immediately softened his tone and body, "it's okay, but please, you know you can just tell us you're overwhelmed, you don't have to be upset alone," Matt rubbed his brother's back.

"Just talk to us, it's so much easier," Nick smiled.

"I will, I'm sorry Matty, Nicky, I love you,"

"Love you," the two older spoke in unison.