𝖣𝗈 𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖧𝖺𝗍𝖾 𝖬𝖾? 𝖯𝖺𝗋𝗍 3 - 𝖠𝗅𝗅

Hi friends, welcome to part 3 I really hope you enjoy xx ILY <3

Words: 1500

♡ "You do not get to scare us on purpose Chris, I want you to talk to me," Matt sat down on the couch beside me. I avoided eye contact with him. All I could hear was his voice from earlier playing over and over in my head. How frustrated he was with me, how much he hated my existence.

"I-" my voice was taken out by a shuttered breath, every time I'd try to speak it felt like it'd just burst into tears, he can dish it out all he wants but he can't take anything back, Matt had said while ranting to Nick.

There was a lump heavy in my throat, "I um," I cleared my throat by coughing and the burning sensation caused me to whine.

I couldn't follow through with Matt's request for me to talk to him. My words just wouldn't come out. Instead, I couldn't help when my face scrunched up and my composure was finally defeated by the overwhelming sadness. A few low whimpers rushed from my diaphragm, I tried my hardest to not cry. I didn't want to, not in front of them, not now. But I couldn't hold it in, my ears hummed before I sobbed out. Soon, I could hear the echo of my sobs coming off the walls.

I attempted to breath through it, to suppress it back inside, "sorry," I attempted. I felt embarrassed so I hid into Matt's chest, praying he wouldn't reject me, again. I just wanted to feel his arms around me. I wanted him to hug me - I needed it.

I could feel Matt's hands grip my underarms as he scooped me into his arms. I helped with the transition into his lap while he moved us both more onto the couch. I was now laid beside him, half of my body on his with my head on his chest. No words could describe the peace I felt listening to the beat of his heart right under my ear. My head was moving up and down with his breathing and it magically steadied my own. This was all I wanted.

+

Chris' inconsolable scream sobbing was punishment enough for the older two. Now finally more calm, Nick and Matt knew they had to take their chance to talk with the youngest about everything that had unfolded in the last 24 hours.

Nick let Matt continue to hold Chris and he disappeared upstairs before returning shortly after with a couple items in his hands.

"Chris," Nick kept his tone soft with the youngest, "do you want to wear one of my hoodies? I know this one is your favourite," he waited for a response.

Chris poked his head out of where it was buried into Matt's neck and shoulder area. He simply nodded his head to signal his interest.

Nick made quick work putting his hoodie on the younger. Chris was less than helpful. Nick knew his drained energy was a result of the intensity of his emotions earlier and his sickness. Both had taken a significant toll on him.

Chris had since closed his eyes again, cuddling once again into Matt. Nick had brought Chris' stuffed monkey and started to tuck it under his arm. Chris didn't need to open his eyes to know what the object was, he immediately knew and snuggled it closer to him.

"I'll be right back," Nick announced, mainly to Matt.

"Okay," Matt responded to him.

The oldest returned in minutes and had his hands full. He had a spoon, cup of water and the bottle of cough syrup Chris had thrown at them in the park - now in Nick's hands. He placed the water on the coffee table in front of his brothers and started to pour some of the medicine onto the spoon.

"Here," Nick stated, and Matt started to sit Chris up in a half seated position to make it easier for him to swallow the liquid medicine.

Nick looked down at Chris who was now starring up at him with wide eyes. Matt was running his one hand up and down Chris' back and stabilizing him with his other.