Chapter 9

( In the morning, Ajay was wearing a black formal suit and talking on the phone while standing in the hall. At that moment, Kalyani and Shahid were sitting on the sofa, engaged in conversation )

AJAY: Damn, can't you hear what I'm saying? If there are any mistakes this time, I don't need a second to fire you! Do you understand?

( Ajay shouted into the phone call, causing Kalyani and Shahid to turn to Ajay, furrowing their eyebrows and wondering why he was so tense that morning )

AJAY: Good

( Ajay hung up the call and turned to look at Kalyani and Shahid, sighing, and wanting to leave the place )

SHAHID: Ajay, wait!

( Ajay stopped as he heard Shahid's voice. Shahid got up from the sofa and approached Ajay, holding his shoulder )

SHAHID: Are you okay, Ajay? Why are you so tense this morning?

( Ajay looked at Shahid and sighed, then replied )

AJAY: Yeah, I'm fine... Just work tension! I have to go to the office! See you soon

( Ajay smiled briefly at Shahid, who nodded. Ajay bid goodbye to Kalyani and left the place. Shahid let out a sigh and looked at Kalyani )

KALYANI: I think yesterday's incident is disturbing him!

( Shahid nodded and approached Kalyani, kissing her forehead )

SHAHID: Alright, Patti, I'm leaving for the hospital

KALYANI: Okay, Shahid!

( Kalyani smiled and patted Shahid's shoulder, and Shahid smiled back before leaving. Kalyani sighed and picked up the magazine book from the coffee table )

( On the road, Ajay was on his way to his office in his car, wearing black glasses. He turned on the radio and started listening to music while driving the car )

RADIO: Today, we're going to play some chill songs, so stay tuned and keep listening to Raaga

( The songs played, and as Ajay turned to the right, something like a red cloth fell on Ajay's car. Ajay widened his eyes, made a quick drift, and immediately stopped the car. He was panting and in shock for a second, clenched his jaw, and opened the car door to get out. He took the thing from the windshield, but it got stuck at the side of the car mirror. He applied pressure and pulled it tightly. The thing escaped from the car mirror, but it was torn. He removed his glasses and looked at it, glaring )

AJAY: A shawl?

( Advika ran to him and stopped as she reached him, panting while keeping her palm on her chest. Ajay turned to Advika and paused for a second as he looked at her. While panting, she looked at Ajay and paused as she realized it was Ajay )

AJAY & ADVIKA: You?

( Both of them rolled their eyes, and Advika glared at Ajay, wanting to take her shawl back from his hand )

ADVIKA: That's mine! Give it to me

( Ajay immediately dodged her and looked at her up and down. She was wearing a yellow Punjabi suit )

AJAY: Are you trying to murder me for the second time?

ADVIKA: What?

( Advika widened her eyes, dropped her jaw, and shook her head in disbelief )

ADVIKA: Why would I try to kill you?

AJAY: Yeah, last time you bumped into my car, and now you're flying your dupatta onto my car! What if I had an accident?

( He asked her, furrowing his eyebrows and placing his hand on his waist. Advika was unsure of how to reply, so she lowered her head for a second and then looked back at him )

ADVIKA: I'm sorry, I know it's my fault, but I didn't do it intentionally! Please give back my shawl! That's my mom's.

( She requested him nicely with an innocent smile. As he looked at her expression, he looked at her up and down with a confused expression )

AJAY: So what? If it's your mom's shawl? You're trying to kill me! I can punish you for this.

( Advika widened her eyes and rubbed her forehead stressfully, trying to explain to him )

ADVIKA: Listen, Mr. Stranger...

( Ajay furrowed his eyebrows )

AJAY: Stranger?

ADVIKA: Yes, if I don't know your name, it means you're a stranger, right?

( Ajay felt a little embarrassed but tried to hide it, rubbing the back of his neck and looking at her )

AJAY: You shut up! I'm going to call the police.

ADVIKA: Mr. Stranger, listen! I didn't intentionally let my dupatta fly onto your car. Does it make any sense for a girl to play with her own dupatta to make it fly? And it belongs to my mom.

( She rolled her eyes and flipped her hair back with her hand. Ajay inhaled sharply and glared at Advika )

AJAY: I'm not going to listen to your explanation! Explain this at the police station.

( He took his phone out of his pocket. At that moment, Advika immediately pulled her dupatta from him and hugged it tightly. Ajay looked at her in shock as she panted while looking at him. She looked at her dupatta and furrowed her eyebrows )

AJAY: You...

ADVIKA: What is this?

( Before Ajay could speak, Advika interrupted )

ADVIKA: You tore my mom's dupatta?

( She shouted while looking at him in shock, and he quickly closed his eyes while furrowing his eyebrows )

AJAY: Why are you shouting like this?

( He rubbed his ear and glared at Advika )

ADVIKA: Then see what you've done to my mom's shawl. Look here

( She showed him the torn side of the shawl, and he looked at it and then at Advika, placing both hands on his waist )

AJAY: So what? Your mom's dupatta is trying to kill me, and when I tried to grab it from my windshield, it tore! Who asked you to let your dupatta fly?

( Ajay rolled his eyes and Advika got upset )

ADVIKA: How many times do I have to tell you that I didn't...

( She was speaking rapidly, but Ajay interrupted her )

AJAY: Okay, stop! Don't make my ears bleed! So what now? It's just torn. You can stitch it up! Stop overreacting. You're just wasting my time.

( As he said that, he reached for his car, got in, started the car, and Advika rolled her eyes and fumed with anger )

ADVIKA: Stupid fellow! He tore my mom's dupatta! If I see you next time, I won't spare you, Mr. Stranger!

( As Ajay was about to move his car, he could see Advika glaring at him. He shook his head, rolled his eyes, and left the place )

AJAY: It must be someone's assistant who wants to get revenge on me. Mind it, I won't let your aim succeed.

( He moved the car, and Advika watched as the car left, rolling her eyes before leaving the place )