Chapter 25

( In the condominium house, there is a crowd of people dancing in the dark-themed setting. At the corner, Varun is DJing while jumping. Everyone is dancing to the DJ music, and some people are engaging in romance amidst the crowd. Another guy is dancing on the sofa while holding two beer bottles. )

Samir: Shake your body, guys!

( Samir shakes his body while dancing and joins a girl, spinning her around while holding her hand and sipping his beer. Meanwhile, Varun is enjoying DJing with his eyes closed. )

Rehan: Wohoo!

( While Rehan is dancing, he grabs a girl's wrist and asks her to dance with him. She joins him, but as they dance, Rehan pulls her closer and tries to kiss her. The girl is shocked, pushes Rehan away, and slaps him. Everyone stops dancing, gasping at the scene. Varun stops DJing and looks at them, questioning why they stopped )

Varun: Kya hua?

Samir: She slapped Rehan.

( Samir points to the girl, who is standing there trembling. Rehan places his palm on his cheek, looking down with clenched jaw )

The girl: I'm sorry. I just didn't expect he would do that.

( Varun sighs, steps out from his place, and looks at Rehan. He removes Rehan's hand from his cheek and observes the redness. Then, he turns to the girl )

Varun: What is your name?

( The girl gulps, lowers her head, and twiddles her hands. Varun sighs again, leans down to see her face, and she looks at him fearfully )

Varun: What is your name?

Samir: Her name is Jessica.

( Varun looks at Samir, then at Jessica, smirking )

Varun: Jessica? Nice name!

( He stands straight, extends his pointer finger to lift Jessica's chin, and makes her look at him )

Rehan: She is going to pay me.

( Rehan tries to attack Jessica, but Varun immediately stops him )

Varun: Bro, cool! She is under my inquiry.

Jessica: I already said sorry! I just...feel a little uneasy.

( Varun rolls his eyes )

Varun: Then why did you come to this kind of party? Don't you know who we really are?

( Jessica lowers her head, and Varun furrows his eyebrows )

Varun: Or are you here to spy on us?

( Jessica looks at Varun, shaking her head, and tears well up in her eyes )

Varun: Where is your house?

( Varun asks another question, furrowing his eyebrows. At that moment, a girl from the crowd throws an egg at Jessica's head, which breaks and gets on her hair. Jessica is shocked and starts to cry. Varun looks at the crowd )

Varun: Oh, guys! Let me inquire about her first!

Random Guy: There is nothing to inquire about, bro! She deserves this.

( As the guy says this, he throws another egg at Jessica, causing Varun to shut his eyes and shake his head. He looks at Jessica, who is crying and trying to cover her head with her hand )

Varun: You guys aren't going to listen to me, right? Alright.

( He raises his hands, backs off, and goes towards Rehan. He gives the egg to Rehan, who looks at Varun and receives it. Varun smirks, pats Rehan's shoulder, and Rehan smiles back. Rehan throws the egg towards the girl. Varun goes back to his DJing side, sips his beer, and packs his wires into his bag. Meanwhile, all the people start throwing eggs at Jessica, making her kneel down on the floor and cry )

Varun: Where is my phone?

( Varun searches for his phone on the table. At that moment, Cabir comes out from the room, rubbing his hair with a towel. He slows down his walk as he looks at the people bullying Jessica )

Cabir: Guys, stop it!

( Cabir shouts, but no one listens. He looks at Varun, who is casually searching for his phone. Cabir clenches his jaw, then takes a beer bottle and throws it on the floor, causing it to break and echo through the hall. Everyone stops and looks at Cabir )

Cabir: What the hell is happening here?

( He shouts and runs towards Jessica, helping her stand and supporting her as she cries and struggles to maintain her balance. Cabir glares at the people )

Cabir: You guys, really?

Rehan: She slapped me!

( Rehan adds, glaring at Jessica. Jessica, sobbing, adds )

Jessica: He try to kiss me, but I felt une- uneasy.

( As she says that, Cabir looks at everyone and then at Varun, who is zipping his bag. )

Cabir: It must be because of you, right?

( Cabir shouts at Varun, glaring at him. Varun sighs and responds )

Varun: So what?

( Cabir: This is not fair! How can a guy touch a girl without her permission? And come on, you guys are punishing the victim instead of punishing him )

Rehan: So are you saying that I'm wrong?

Cabir: Yes! You come with me.

( He shouts at Rehan and takes Jessica out of the house. Rehan looks at Varun, and Varun looks at Rehan, rolling his eyes )

Varun: The party is over! Get out.

( He snaps his fingers at the people, and everyone starts to leave the house. Varun carries his bag and leaves as well )