Chapter 29

( In the Janany bakery shop, Shruthi serves the plate of dessert on a customer's table with a smile on her face. One of the customers calls her to bring a spoon, and she nods )

SHRUTHI: Okay.

( Shruthi heads to the kitchen, opens the drawer, and takes the spoon. At that moment, her Masi, Sarala, throws a plastic bag of rubbish near Shruthi's leg. She jumps and then looks at the plastic bag and Sarala )

SARALA: Go and throw this rubbish!

( Sarala says, rolling her eyes, and takes a seat on a single chair, applying lipstick while looking at the mirror. Shruthi nods )

SHRUTHI: Okay, chinama! I'll be back once I give the spoon to the customer.

( Shruthi leaves the kitchen, places the spoon on the customer's table with a smile, and then heads back to the kitchen to carry the plastic bag. As she carries the bag, she feels its weight. She momentarily loses control for a second but manages to regain her balance and carries the bag out of the kitchen through the backdoor. She walks to the side of the trash bin and puts in all her effort to throw the plastic bag. Unfortunately, as she tries to throw the bag, it tears and falls on the car that is behind Shruthi, just a few inches away. All the rubbish falls on the car, causing it to stop. Shruthi turns around, shocked, with her jaw dropped )

SHRUTHI: Iyooo pochi!

( She runs to the car to assess the damage and wonders who the driver is. The driver angrily steps out of the car and slams the car door, glaring at Shruthi. Shruthi realizes it's Shahid, and Shahid looks at her with a glare )

SHAHID: What have you done to my car?

( Shruthi quickly responds )

SHRUTHI: It wasn't intentional! It was a big mistake! I'm so sorry.

( Shahid rolls his eyes and adds )

SHRUTHI: Sorry? Do you know I'm urgently going to the hospital now? How can I go to the hospital in this condition? I don't even have time to clean my car!

SHRUTHI: I'm so sorry. I didn't do it intentionally. Wait, I can clean your car.

( Shahid furrows his eyebrows, looking at her with confusion, and Shruthi asks him to wait while showing her palm )

SHRUTHI: Wait here.

( Shruthi runs to her bakery shop, while Shahid rolls his eyes and sighs. Meanwhile, Sarala instructs Shruthi )

SARALA: Hey, give these drinks to table 7.

( Shruthi hurriedly responds )

SHRUTHI: I have something urgent to do! I'll be back soon.

( Shahid looks at his watch, sighs, and clenches his jaw. He mutters )

SHAHID: She seriously gets on my nerves.

( Shruthi calls out, "Coming!" Shahid furrows his eyebrows as he sees Shruthi running towards his car, carrying a bucket of water and a mop in both hands )

SHRUTHI: Don't worry! I'll clean your car right now!

( She keeps the bucket on the road, leaving Shahid speechless while furrowing his eyebrows. She puts the mop into the bucket and starts mopping the car )

SHAHID: What are you doing?

Shruthi looks at Shahid while mopping his car and replies, "Cleaning your car!"

( Shahid rolls his eyes and adds )

SHAHID: You're cleaning my car with the mop? Are you mad or what? It can damage my car!

( Shruthi furrows her eyebrows and thinks for a second, then looks at Shahid and adds )

SHRUTHI: But you want to go to the hospital, and you told me it was urgent. So this is a quick solution! Don't worry, it won't cause any damage! Trust me

( Shruthi continues mopping the car, and Shahid makes an annoying expression. Shruthi rubs the car with soap, causing Shahid to place his palm on his forehead in worry )

SHRUTHI: Is the patient serious at the hospital?

( Shruthi asks while rubbing soap on the car, and Shahid looks at Shruthi and nods in frustration. Shruthi makes a concerned expression and mops the car again. She notices a scratch on the windshield and slightly drops her jaw, looking at Shahid who is looking somewhere in frustration. She immediately resumes mopping the car and carries the bucket of water, pouring it onto the car )

( As Shruthi washes the car, a small amount of water splashes onto Shahid's shirt and trousers. He looks at Shruthi while clenching his jaw, and Shruthi bites her bottom lip and says )

SHRUTHI: Sorry

( in a sweet and innocent voice )

( Shahid sighs, rolls his eyes, and asks )

SHAHID: Can I leave now?

Shruthi: Yes! And please send my regards to the serious patient!

( Shahid looks at her in confusion, furrowing his eyebrows and widening his eyes, realizing that she is such a headache. He ignores Shruthi, gets into the car, starts the engine, and Shruthi carries the empty bucket and mop, standing in front of the car, looking at him and waving )

SHAHID: Does she just want to die or what? Still standing in my way! Such a headache creator.

( He sighs and honks the car, and Shruthi realizes, moves aside, and waves as the car leaves. )

SHRUTHI: wow Shruthi! I just thought that you're good in making in cake only but today you proved that you have another talent too! Wow Shruthi you're just unstoppable!

( She smiles and feels proud, carrying her things and returning to the bakery shop. Sarala stands with her hands on her waist, and Shruthi stops and gulps )

SHRUTHI: Sorry, chinama! I just have something important to do.

SARALA: Ha, what is more important than taking care of the customers? Because of you, I was forced to take care of three customers! You know? My hip is hurting.

( She glares at Shruthi, and Shruthi lowers her head with a slight smile )

SARALA: Oh, you're making fun of my pain? I'll deduct $25 from your salary!

( Shruthi quickly looks at Sarala, trying to explain, but Sarala interrupts )

SARALA: Go and take care of the customers before I deduct another $2 from your salary!

( Shruthi nods, keeps the mop and bucket in the bathroom, takes the orders, and leaves the kitchen )

SARALA: Such a troublemaker! If my husband didn't care about them, I would live my life peacefully!

( Sarala rolls her eyes, looks at the dessert, takes a bite, and rolls her eyes again )

SARALA: What a taste this is! I can make it better than this!

( She rolls her eyes once more and leaves the place )