Chapter 19

(Arjun excitedly shares the story of what happened between Hanch and Swomya in the afternoon. His siblings and Kalyani listen with smiles, while Hanch tries to hide his discomfort. However, his siblings are interested in hearing the story.)

AJAY: What do you mean by "different"?

(Ajay leans back in his chair, smiling at Hanch, then turns to Arjun.)

ARJUN: You know how girls usually chase after Hanch, right?

(Arjun playfully taps the back of Hanch's head before continuing.)

ARJUN: But this girl! She called Hanch a playboy right to his face! I couldn't help but laugh when they started arguing.

(Hanch rolls his eyes and adds.)

HANCH: I didn't mean to bump into her! She was intentionally standing there, waiting for us to notice her.

(Hanch pouts and looks angrily at the floor, while his siblings look at him sympathetically. Vikranth pats Hanch's thigh and adds.)

VIKRANTH: That's mean! You've bumped into her three times now. What if she's meant to be your life partner?

(The siblings chime in together.)

SIBLINGS: Ahh!

HANCH: No way! She's not even my type! Can't you see how rude she was talking to me? She's like a fighting rooster.

(Kalyani smiles and adds.)

KALYANI: Did you explain to her that it was unintentional?

HANCH: I did, Patti! But she's a feisty one, isn't she? She managed to blame me for seeking revenge over a lost ice cream and even fooled Arjun anna!

(Hanch rolls his eyes, and Ajay and Shahid exchange knowing looks.)

SHAHID: I have a suspicion. Did you two keep meeting by coincidence, or were you purposely creating situations to see her?

(Shahid asks, smiling mischievously. Hanch immediately turns to Shahid, raising an eyebrow.)

AJAY: I'm still wondering! How can a girl pick a fight with our charming badminton player? Does she still argue with you even after finding out you're a badminton player?

(Ajay asks in a joking yet serious tone, and Hanch lets out a sigh.)

HANCH: She even called me a playboy once she found out I play badminton.

VARUN: I see! But that doesn't bother you, right? And honestly, she's not entirely wrong.

(Varun smirks, and Hanch looks at him, rolling his eyes. He gets up from the sofa.)

HANCH: Alright, enough, guys! You're not really my brothers, are you? I share how that feisty girl argued with me, and you all make fun of me! No one loves me! I'm leaving the house.

(His siblings look at him while sitting on the sofa, and Hanch stands with a disappointed expression. Vikranth chuckles.)

VIKRANTH: Go ahead, bro! At least from today, a few girls will start noticing us!

(Hanch turns to Vikranth, narrowing his eyes.)

SHREYA: Should I get your bag, bro?

(Shreya teases him, and Hanch looks at her in disbelief.)

HANCH: You too, Shreya?

(Hanch makes a sad face and fake cries. Kalyani looks at him, smiling, furrowing her eyebrows, and then looks at her other grandchildren.)

KALYANI: Stop making fun of him! Come here, dear! Who says no one loves you?

(Kalyani opens her arms, welcoming Hanch. He immediately runs to her, smiling, and hugs her. Then, he takes a seat beside Kalyani and sticks his tongue out at his siblings.)

ARJUN: Patti, don't spoil him too much! He acts innocent in front of you, but he's actually a troublemaker.

(Kalyani taps Hanch's cheeks, and he rolls his eyes. Arjun playfully kicks Hanch's leg, and Hanch yells.)

HANCH: Patti!

KALYANI: Ayy!

(Kalyani defends Hanch again, and Ajay stands up, ready to leave the room.)

AJAY: Alright! I'm going to make a call.

(As he says this, before leaving, he playfully hits Hanch's head and exits.)

HANCH: Ouch!

(While they all sit with Kalyani, Parth notices them and notices Varun and Arjun.)

PARTH: Oh, Mom! What are you doing with these useless two?

(Arjun and Varun turn to look at Parth, and their siblings feel slightly uncomfortable.)

KALYANI: Hey, who are you calling useless, Parth?

(Parth chuckles and looks at Varun and Arjun. Varun rolls his eyes.)

PARTH: Your grandsons, Arjun and Varun.

(Kalyani's face saddens.)

KALYANI: Parth! No one is useless here! If you keep saying my grandsons are useless, stop talking to me!

(Kalyani's tone is sad as she gets up from the sofa and looks at her grandchildren.)

KALYANI: Go to your beds! Goodnight.

GRANDCHILD: Goodnight, Patti.

(Kalyani smiles and looks at Parth with an intolerant gaze before leaving. Parth looks at them and adds.)

PARTH: Such a useless son! Aren't you ashamed to associate with your brothers, who are actually doing something meaningful with their lives?

(Shahid and Vikranth sigh, and Shahid speaks up.)

SHAHID: It's not that they're not doing anything meaningful, Chitapa! They're earning money too! It's not about the profession they choose, but whether they're truly passionate about it.

(Vikranth adds.)

VIKRANTH: Yes, they're doing what makes them happy!

(Parth gets angry and rolls his eyes.)

PARTH: No matter what they love to do, can't they fulfill their parents' wishes? Are they that selfish?

VARUN: One selfish person calling others selfish.

(Varun smirks arrogantly, and Parth raises an eyebrow, looking at him.)

PARTH: What did you just say? Am I selfish?

(As Shahid realizes the tension escalating, he tries to diffuse it and raises his voice towards Varun.)

SHAHID: Varun, that's enough! Go to your bed!

(Varun looks at Shahid, throws the pillow aside, gets up from the sofa, and leaves. Hanch follows Varun, while Arjun remains silent, sitting still. Parth looks at Arjun and the other siblings before leaving.)

(The siblings sigh, and Vikranth speaks up.)

VIKRANTH: It's already late! Let's go to sleep. That's the best decision for now.

(The siblings agree and leave the room.)