Chapter 15

( In the room, Shreya removes her earring and puts it in the box. Just then, someone knocks on the door, and Shreya invites them to come in )

SHREYA: Come in.

( The person entering the room is Shrethi, who smiles at Shreya. Shreya smiles back )

SHREYA: Hey, Shrethi.

( Shrethi takes a seat beside Shreya and looks at her. Shreya furrows her eyebrows and asks )

SHREYA: What's happening, Shrethi? Why are you looking at me like that?

SHRETHI: Actually, Shreya! You went out with Cabir that day. How is it possible that some guys tried to misbehave towards you?

SHREYA: Well, I did go out with Cabir and spent some time with him! At one point, he received an urgent phone call and wanted to send me home. But I insisted that he drop me off near the store. Unfortunately, I got into big trouble on the way! But thank God Advika happened to pass by at that time.

( Shrethi looks at Shreya and pats her shoulder with a smile )

SHRETHI: Are you okay, right?

SHREYA: Yes! I'm completely fine.

( The next morning, Priya yawns as she descends the stairs and notices Sakthi sleeping on the sofa. She immediately goes to Sakthi and wakes him up )

PRIYA: Jaan, why are you sleeping here? What happened?

( As she wakes up Kalyani and Shahid, they notice Priya and approach her )

KALYANI: What happened, ma?

PRIYA: I don't know, atte. When I woke up and came downstairs, I noticed Sakthi sleeping on the sofa.

SHAHID: Peripa, wake up!

( As Sakthi hears the voices, he wakes up and widens his eyes as he looks at Priya's face up close )

SAKTHI: Ahhh, a ghost!

( He immediately sits up from the sofa, and Priya and both of them look at Sakthi in shock. As Sakthi realizes it's his wife, he sighs )

SAKTHI: Oh, it's you! I thought it was a ghost.

PRIYA: What?

( Kalyani and Shahid look at each other and then at Sakthi. Kalyani furrows her eyebrows and adds )

KALYANI: What's wrong with you, Sakthi? You slept on the sofa and called your wife a ghost?

PRIYA: Yeah, why are you sleeping here?

( Sakthi gets up from the sofa and adds )

SAKTHI: Ask your daughter-in-law, ma! She was snoring so loudly that I couldn't sleep! I even tried to explain it to her, but she hit me with her water bottle.

( As he says that, he glares at Priya, and Priya widens her eyes and stands there shocked. Kalyani and Shahid also look at Priya in shock )

SHAHID: Perima, did you hit Peripa?

PRIYA: No, no way! It must be his illusion.

SAKTHI: Illusion?

PRIYA: Exactly! How can a wife hit her husband? It's a big sin, you know?

( Priya rolls her eyes with a little smile, and Kalyani notices it and adds )

KALYANI: What Priya said is right! It must be your illusion, Sakthi.

SAKTHI: What? Illusion? No, mom.

KALYANI: Alright! Let's mind our own business. Let's go, Shahid.

SHAHID: Okay, Patti!