Chapter 26

SWOMYA: Here is $159, Mom. I successfully sold 20 food items today.

( Swomya extends the money to her mom, who is sitting on a chair with a small table and an umbrella. Her mom is using her saree to keep cool in the hot weather. As Swomya gives the money to her mom, she receives it and counts the money )

JANU: Thank you, Swomya! Come and have a seat here. You've been working since morning! You must be feeling tired!

(Swomya smiles and takes her seat beside her mom. Her mom gives her a cup of juice to drink, and she receives it with a smile and drinks it.)

HANCH: Haha, that's quite a subject, isn't it? What about us meeting at the cafe tonight?

(As Swomya is sitting by the roadside, she notices Hanch and a girl walking on the path. Swomya raises one of her eyebrows as she looks at them, then rolls her eyes.)

SWOMYA: Him again!

HANCH: You see, Zoya, tomorrow I'm not free! Even today, I'm a little busy, but for you, I'll skip all the work and accompany you!

(Hanch says while having his charming smile on his face in a flirtatious tone. The girl goes "aww" and looks at Hanch, pinching his cheek.)

ZOYA: How sweet you are, Hanch!

HANCH: Ouch! Bhand karo yaar!

(He steps back from Zoya and rubs his cheek while furrowing his eyebrows. Swomya looks at both of them with a disgusted expression.)

SWOMYA: (Such a playboy! Ha, this kind of rich boys normalize this behavior. It's just disgusting.)

(Swomya shakes her body, feeling disgusted from head to toe, then looks at them and sighs. As Hanch continues to walk with Zoya, he notices Swomya and sighs.)

HANCH: She again!

(He rolls his eyes and thinks for a moment, then looks at Zoya and adds )

HANCH: Hey Zoya, am I handsome and dashing, right?

(He asks in a high voice tone while slightly looking at Swomya. Zoya adds )

ZOYA: Yes, Hanch! Not just handsome but hot!

(She leans her shoulder on Hanch's shoulder and slides her fingers on Hanch's cheek. Swomya gets disgusted and clenches her jaw.)

HANCH: Haha, I know!

(Hanch puts his hand around Zoya's shoulder and looks at Swomya. She quickly rolls her eyes and looks away. Hanch smirks and notices Swomya's mom, then adds )

HANCH: Afternoon aunty!

(Hanch waves at Janu, and Janu waves back at Hanch with a smile. Swomya widens her eyes and gets shocked. Hanch looks at Swomya with a smirk, then enters the college. Swomya rolls her eyes and looks at her mom.)

SWOMYA: Do you know him?

JANU: Yes! He is one of my regular customers who loves to eat Aloo Tikki! Such a good boy!

(Swomya raises one of her eyebrows and looks at her mom in disbelief, then sighs in frustration.)

SWOMYA: He is not a good boy at all! You don't need to give every boy a "good boy" certificate just because they are your regular customers!

(Janu looks at her daughter for a second, furrows her eyebrows, and pushes Swomya's shoulder. Swomya slightly loses her balance but manages to control it and looks at her mom.)

JANU: You stop complaining about my customers! There are a few more orders to deliver! Here!

(Swomya lets out a sigh, receives the package of food, gets up from her chair, and continues to walk.)

(In the college hallway, Hanch and his two boys are talking.)

KARAN: Oh man, I think Kitty has a serious crush on you!

(Hanch rolls his eyes and adds )

HANCH: As far as I know, all of my fans have a serious crush on me, and I have a mad crush on them!

(He winks while saying that, smiles, and his friends smile and nod. At that moment, Swomya is on her way, but she stops walking when she sees Hanch and his two friends. She rolls her eyes and sighs in frustration.)

SWOMYA: I just hate seeing this guy!

(Then Swomya furrows her eyebrows and looks at him again and say )

SWOMYA: What a surprise? He is with boys?

(Hanch notices Swomya, rolls his eyes, looks down, then looks at her again. Swomya sighs and continues to walk.)

HANCH: Hoi, wait!

(He stops Swomya, and Swomya stops and looks at Hanch.)

SWOMYA: What?

(Hanch asks )

HANCH: Today I found out something! You have some connection with Janu aunty! Who are you actually?

( He raises his eyebrows while looking at Swomya. Swomya groans and adds )

SWOMYA:  She is my mother

HANCH: You're the daughter of Janu aunty?

(He furrows his eyebrows and Swomya shakes her head.)

SWOMYA: No, she is my mother.

(Hanch looks at her in confusion for a second and raises one of his eyebrows before adding.)

HANCH: Both are the same! That's what I mean!

SWOMYA: No, they are not the same at all! Can you please move? I have work to do!

(Swomya gives him a straight face look, and Hanch shrugs his shoulders.)

HANCH: Ha, very important work to do, right? Have you ever thought about whom you're messing with?

(Hanch immediately moves a step forward as Swomya looks at his sudden expression. She takes a step back and accidentally bumps into a locker, giving him a glare.)

SWOMYA: Are you trying to scare me? In your dreams!

(Hanch quickly places his hand on the locker to block Swomya's way as she tries to move.)

HANCH: Listen! Short girls like you don't look beautiful when they get angry, you know?

(He adds with a smirk, and Swomya rolls her eyes and responds.)

SWOMYA: Are you trying to flirt with me? Don't dream about it! And don't blame me if I give you a damn slap!

(Hanch looks at her for a second without any reaction, then chuckles and responds.)

HANCH: Sorry? What? Trying to flirt with you? In your dreams! Have you ever seen yourself? A famous badminton player like me flirting with this kind of girl? Impossible.

(He speaks in a strong tone, and Swomya looks at him, tears welling up in her eyes as she notices everyone listening to Hanch's words. She feels insulted. Swomya sighs and try to speak up but Hanch interrupted )

HANCH: You're not the type of girl I want, and of course, if you're not my type, I won't even try to flirt! Stop dreaming and go do your food selling job, okay?

(Hanch pats Swomya's head, but she aggressively pushes his hand away and glares at him. Hanch rolls his eyes and moves away from her, walking away. Swomya looks around and notices a few students looking at her. She feels embarrassed and decides to walk away quickly.)