Chapter 31

( Night at 10:45 pm )

VIKRANTH: What?, are you in love with a girl? Actually, it's unbelievable!

( Vikranth enters his room while talking on the phone, his voice echoing in the room as he walks towards the bed.l )

VIKRANTH: So, you're unsure if that's her phone number or not? Why don't you try to make a call?

ON THE PHONE: I called her once, but I heard a male voice when the call was answered. Rocky said it's actually her number! Please help me, yaar!

( Vikranth takes his seat on the bed, thinks for a second, then nods )

VIKRANTH: Alright! Let me try to call her, okay?

ON THE PHONE: Okay.

( As Vikranth's friend hangs up the call, Vikranth sighs and dials the number )

VIKRANTH: Him and his social anxiety.

( He places the phone to his ear and waits for someone to pick up the call, but no one answers )

VIKRANTH: Tch... Why isn't anyone answering the call?

( He dials the number again and places the phone to his ear )

VOICE: Hello?

( Vikranth pauses for a second as he hears the girl's voice )

VOICE: Hello, who's speaking there?

VIKRANTH: Hello, are you Resha?

( In Resha's room, she is sitting on the bed with crossed legs, furrowing her eyebrows )

RESHA: Yes, and who is this?

VIKRANTH: I'm Vikranth, and my frie-

RESHA: Vikranth?

( Before Vikranth can finish his sentence, Resha interrupts )

VIKRANTH: Yes.

( Vikranth furrows his eyebrows as she asks him, and Resha drops her jaw )

RESHA: How cheap you are?

VIKRANTH: What?

( Vikranth looks confused, and Resha rolls her eyes and grits her teeth )

RESHA: I know that you have mental issues! But I never expected you to behave cheaply like this!

VIKRANTH: Excuse me? What are you saying? What cheap behavior are you talking about?

( Resha rolls her eyes and asks )

RESHA: You're Vikranth, right?

VIKRANTH: Yes.

RESHA: Oh god! How cheap you are.

( Resha shakes her head, widens her eyes, and Vikranth furrows his eyebrows and scratches his head )

RESHA: I know that you're a hacker, but I don't believe that you would do something like this! I know people like you don't have manners, discipline, and don't even know how to talk to a girl! Does your family know that you're doing this kind of job?

( Vikranth gets mad and clenches his jaw. Suddenly, scenes flash in his mind, and he remembers Resha's face from the hospital, where she yelled at him. He narrows his eyes and slightly opens his mouth )

RESHA: Unbelievable! Is this how your fam-

VIKRANTH: Enough!

( He clenches his eyes for a second, keeps the phone to his ear, and Resha rolls her eyes and looks at her phone, then places it to her ear )

VIKRANTH: Don't talk as you wish, okay? What do you think about me? Interested in hacking your phone? I don't even have time to think about you! Aren't you Resha, the doctor of my grandma?

( Resha furrows her eyebrows and thinks to herself )

RESHA: (Is he thinking I'm someone else? Nah, of course, he's pretending!) Oh, are you trying to pretend that you really don't know me? I know about you! Did you hack my phone number?

( Vikranth rolls his eyes in frustration while clenching his jaw )

VIKRANTH: (Seriously, Ayan fell in love with this doctor with mental issues? Unbelievable.)

RESHA: Why are you keeping quiet? Don't know how to manage the situation? Or thinking about how to tell me a lie so you won't get caught?

( Vikranth rubs his forehead with his thumb, sighs in frustration, and adds )

VIKRANTH: No, I'm just wondering how a man can fall in love with this kind of girl!

( Resha blinks in confusion as he realizes her silence through the phone, then he lets out a chuckle )

VIKRANTH: I'm sure he just fell in love with your looks!

RESHA: Wait! What are you talking about? Who fell in love?

( Resha furrows her eyebrows, and Vikranth shakes his head )

VIKRANTH: Why do I have to tell you? It's personal! And stop thinking about me, okay? I know how obsessed you are with me, still remembering my name!

( Resha drops her jaw, grits her teeth, throws the pillow, and adds )

RESHA: What? I'm obsessed with you? Stop dreaming, okay? Your brother told me that you could hack, so when I heard your name, I thought you were hacking my number!

( Vikranth smirks, lays on the bed, and adds )

VIKRANTH: Oh, really? I see! But it seems like you think a lot about me in my absence?

( Resha rolls her eyes and adds )

RESHA: In your dreams! What do you want now? Why are you calling me now? Don't you have manners? Calling a girl at 11 pm, oops, sorry, I forgot, you don't have any decency!

( Vikranth rolls his eyes, looks at the clock, and sighs )

VIKRANTH: Actually, I called you about my friend's love matter! I don't know what he sees in you, but he likes you, so he asked me to help find your phone number.

RESHA: So you hacked my number?

( Resha asks, shocked, and Vikranth closes his eyes to calm down and adds )

VIKRANTH: Can you listen fully? My friend already had your number, and he called you, but a man answered the call, so he hung up immediately and asked me to help him! That's all... I didn't even try to hack your number, and a small reminder, I don't even have time to think about you!

( Resha rolls her eyes and adds )

RESHA: Alright! Is that all you wanted to say? Are you done? Okay, bye, I'll take care of the rest!

VIKRANTH: Don't break his heart! He is such a good boy!

( Resha let out a chuckle )

RESHA: Oh really? You don't want to save your friend from me?

( Vikranth rolled his eyes and added )

VIKRANTH: I wish I could! If I had known the girl was you, of course, I would have stopped him from the start.

( Resha sighs, rolls her eyes, and adds )

RESHA: Bye!

( Resha hung up the call before Vikranth could say another word. As Vikranth's phone beeped, he realized that Resha had ended the call. He looked at the phone, clenched his jaw, threw his phone on the pillow, and widened his arms before closing his eyes )