Chapter 33

( Next morning, Shahid was walking in the hospital when Resha noticed him standing near the receptionist counter. She recalled the conversation between Vikranth and her )

RESHA: How professional his brother is, but him! So rude and annoying! I wonder how Doctor Shahid and others handle him.

( Shahid noticed Resha looking at her and smiled, saying )

SHAHID: Good morning, Resha!

( Resha was startled, then composed herself and awkwardly replied )

RESHA: Good morning, Do-Doctor Shahid!

( Shahid, noticing her strange actions, furrowed his eyebrows and asked )

SHAHID: Are you okay, Resha? You seem off.

RESHA: I'm perfectly fine, Doctor! Actually, Vikra-

(Resha Thinking to herself)

RESHA: ( No, it was a conversation between me and him! I don't need to complain about him like a kindergartener to him! )

SHAHID: What did you want to say, Resha? It seems like you have something on your mind. Are you talking about Vikranth?

( Resha shook her head, smiled, and gave an awkward smile again, adding )

RESHA: Haha, did you hear Vikranth? No- I mean Vik- Vikram! Yes, Vikran, I mean Vikram.

( Resha tried to change the topic, feeling nervous inside but acting calm outside )

SHAHID: O-kayy! What's wrong with Vikram? And who is Vikram?

RESHA: Actually, he is...

( She scratched her forehead, thinking of how to reply, while Shahid looked at Resha in confusion )

RESHA: Hehe, he is my friend! And waiting for me outside to buy a YOYO for me!

( She bit her tongue and furrowed her eyebrows as she realized what she was saying, and Shahid looked at Resha weirdly for a second, then smiled and added )

SHAHID: I understand you miss your childhood days! But don't forget to concentrate on work! Yeah, go ahead.

( Resha looked at him awkwardly as Shahid smiled and left the place, and Resha watched him leave, lightly hitting her forehead )

RESHA: So stupid, Resha! Are you really going to meet Vikram for a YOYO? Ugh, so embarrassing!

( Resha made an embarrassing face and left the place )

( Shahid entered the examination room, and a nurse handed him the blue card. He took a look and nodded upon learning that the patient had a fever and cough for one week )

NURSE: The patient has had a fever and continuous coughing for one week.

( Shahid sat down and looked at the girl sitting opposite side of his chair. He paused for a second before realizing it was Shruthi )

(Shruthi Thinking to herself)

SHRUTHI: ( If I knew he was the doctor, I wouldn't have come to this room! )

SHAHID: Alright! What's your name, and what's the problem?

SHRUTHI: My name is Shruthi, and I have had a cough for one week and am unable to work.

( She rubbed her nose with her pointer finger as Shahid wrote it down on the notes and asked )

SHAHID: Do you have any medical history or food allergies?

( Shruthi Thinking to herself )

SHRUTHI: ( What will he do if he knows I have food allergies? Throw the food in the trash? I won't tell you )

( She glared at him while thinking, and as Shahid realized her silence, he stopped writing and looked at Shruthi, noticing her glare and furrowing his eyebrows )

SHAHID: Hello? Did you hear what I asked you?

( Then Shruthi shook her head and added )

SHRUTHI: I don't have any food allergies...

( She looked around and sneezed. Shahid then took his stethoscope and placed it on her chest, instructing her to breathe in and out )

( As Shruthi breathed in and out, she sneezed again and accidentally slapped Shahid while trying to cover her mouth urgently. Shahid was shocked, and the nurse turned to look at them in shock, while Shruthi widened her eyes, looking at Shahid in disbelief )

SHRUTHI: Sorry, Doctor! I didn't mean to do it on purpose!

( She made a worried face, and Shahid clenched his jaw, calming himself and nodding, adding )

SHAHID: "It's okay."

( Then Shahid's eyes moved slightly to the nurse, who was still in shock, and he sighed, saying )

SHAHID: Mia, you can focus on the papers!

( As Mia realized and nodded, then turned and laughed silently, Shahid continued )

SHAHID: You need to take a blood test.

( Shruthi widened her eyes and added )

SHRUTHI: I didn't mean to slap you! Please don't take revenge on me and give me a poison injection! Please, I'm still young to die.

( Shahid widened his eyes, looking at Shruthi in disbelief, while Shruthi folded her hands, pleading with Shahid, and the nurse burst out laughing )

SHAHID: Mia!

MIA: Sorry, Doctor.

( Mia covered her mouth with her hand, and Shruthi looked at Mia weirdly, continuing to look at Shahid with an apologetic expression. Shahid clenched his jaw and added )

SHAHID: Do I look like I'm going to murder patients?

( Shruthi initially nodded, then immediately shook her head, causing Shahid to clench his jaw and let out a frustrated sigh, adding )

SHAHID: Mia, take her to the blood test room!

( Shahid continued to write as Mia nodded and headed to Shruthi )

SHRUTHI: I already apologized, please don't kill me.

MIA: No one is going to kill you.

( Mia held Shruthi's wrist and took her with her, while Shahid looked at them leaving, rolling his eyes, and continued to write, muttering )

SHAHID: Shruthi, age 28, but with the mind of an 8-year-old.

( Rolled his eyes )