Chapter 16

( Ajay descended the staircase while talking on the phone )

AJAY: Mr. Samrath, don't worry, think of it as almost done.

KALYANI: Come in, ma.

( Kalyani entered the house with Advika while carrying a heavy bag )

KALYANI: Satish, take the bags from her.

( The maid, Satish, took the bag from her, and Advika smiled at Satish. Satish nodded his head as he smiled and left the place, while Ajay looked at them with one eyebrow raised )

KALYANI: Thank you so much for dropping me off and helping me carry those heavy bags.

ADVIKA: It's nothing, Patti!

( She smiled at Kalyani, and Ajay headed towards them )

AJAY: What happened, Patti? Why are you bringing her here?

( As Advika looked at him, she rolled her eyes )

KALYANI: I went shopping, and on the way home, the car got a puncture. So I asked Jay to take care of the car, and I grabbed a taxi to get here. Luckily, it was our Advika.

AJAY: Our Advika?

( He paused for a second, looked at his grandma, and then looked at Advika, who was looking away and not even looking him, but she knew he was looking at her )

AJAY: Why didn't you call us? What was the rush to come home by taxi? If you had called any of us, we would have come to pick you up, right, Patti? We even have drivers.

KALYANI: I know, Ajay.

( Kalyani held Ajay's shoulder )

KALYANI: I was about to call Vikranth, but as Advika noticed me, she asked if I wanted a lift when she saw me standing near the road! So I thought it was a good idea, actually... It's been so many years since I've had the experience of getting in a taxi!

( Ajay inhaled and nodded in understanding )

KALYANI: She really has a good car, which brings back nostalgic feelings.

( Kalyani turned to Advika with a smile, and Advika smiled back. Ajay looked at both of them )

ADVIKA: It's my dad's car, Patti.

AJAY: Alright, Patti, but next time, if you want a taxi or any other vehicle experience, let me know. I'll arrange something more comfortable and easy to sit in.

( Advika quickly turned to Ajay and glared at him )

ADVIKA: So, what are you trying to say? Is my car old and uncomfortable to sit in?

AJAY: Isn't that right?

( He quickly replied, and she looked at him speechless )

KALYANI: What are you talking about, Ajay?

ADVIKA: I agree my car is old, but it's not right to say it's uncomfortable! Even though the seats are torn, I put a cloth on them and keep the car clean to ensure my passengers are comfortable.

AJAY: Whatever you've done to your car, it's still old, and anyone can see its condition from the outside.

( Arjun and Shreya descended the staircase and looked at the three of them )

ARJUN: Isn't that Advika?

SHREYA: Yes.

ADVIKA: Stop it.

( Her eyes welled up with tears, and she stopped him by showing her palm )

ADVIKA: I agree that you're rich and drive an expensive car. That's your car, and you don't even have the right to comment about mine! For you, it might just be a car, but for me, it's more than that! Even if I had a new or expensive car, it wouldn't compare to the happiness I get from my old car.