The Sorting Hat.

"You guys should get in your robes, we're almost at school." Said Hermione, after you all talked for abut 20 minutes. You nodded in agreement. Seeing as you were already wearing your robes, you decided to go to the exit of the train, be the first ones out. "Oi, Hermione, wanna go to the exit, be the first ones out of the train? You boys can meet us there after?" You suggested. They all nodded. You grabbed your trunk and your owl and headed towards the front of the train. "So Hermione, what house do you think you'll get into?" You asked casually, making conversation. "Um.... I hope Gryffindor but there's a chance I'll get into Ravenclaw..." She said. You nodded in agreement. "You?" She asked, wondering what house you think you'd be in. That's tough, you were always very persistent, determined, cunning, there's a chance you'll be in Slytherin. However, you're brave, kind, loyal, smart, funny/bubbly and random. There's a chance you'd get in any of them. "I don't know, really, I'd say my two big chances are Slytherin and Gryffindor." You state. 

As you two walk into the second last car, you spot Malfoy and he spots you. You continue to walk until you're where he is. You were gonna continue walking but you noticed he stuck his leg out to trip you. 'Not today, Malfoy.' You thought. You kicked his leg which made him retract it back into his seat. You smirked at him and continued walking with Hermione. "So what's his deal, anyway?" Hermione asks. You shrug. Nobody really knows why Malfoy is like that, you just know he's a twat. 

5 minutes later, the boys are with you and the train stops. The doors open and you get out of the train and head towards a big man yelling "FIRST YEARS OVER HERE!", your three new friends following you. You all get on boats and head towards the castle. You must admit, it's gorgeous, really. You couldn't wait to live there, away from your aunt Cassidy. When you get out of the boats, an elderly lady, who you assume is McGonagall, tells you all that is about to happen. She leaves you and returns 5 minutes later. "Come, children." She said, leading you all into the Great Hall. One by one she called you up to be sorted. Ron was sorted into Gryffindor, as was Hermione, as was Harry. "Y/N L/N!" McGonagall called. Not nervous at all, you walked up to the wooden stool and sat. You felt the huge old hat being placed on your head. "Ah, another L/N. Your mother was a great witch, your father a great wizard. You have all their good qualities. Bravery. Loyalty. Intelligence. Ambition. You would do well in any of the houses. But, considering your personality........ SLITHERIN!" The hat yelled. You smiled as everyone in Slytherin clapped..... except Malfoy. You didn't expect him to clap, you didn't care. You walked over to that table and sat on the bench. Everyone else was sorted, Dumbledore said a few words and then you all ate. As you took your last bite of chicken, you heard a whisper in your ear. "You may be a fellow Slytherin. But I will make your life a living hell, L/N." You heard. Freakin Malfoy. You turn to face him. "Good luck with that, blondie." You said, getting up to follow your house prefect. You glance over to see Hermione, Ron and Harry with the Weasley twins, having a ball of a time. "You upset your Mudblood friends aren't in the same house as you? To be honest you all belong in Hufflepuff, anyways." You heard from behind you. When will he give up? You swear to Merlin he's gonna get a punch in the face if he doesn't shut his mouth. "Then why did the Hat, an object smarter and more independent than you will ever be, put them in Gryffindor and me in Slytherin? And for your information, yes, I'm a little upset that we aren't together but just because we're in different houses doesn't mean we can't hang out." You state, staring Malfoy straight in the eye. "Yes it does. If I catch any Slytherin with a Gryffindor, it's an Unforgivable for them." He said, it was obvious he wouldn't actually but he seemed serious. "Does this look like the face of someone who cares?" You asked sassily, pointing to your face. Him, having no good comeback, just scoffed and stalked away, again defeated by your sass. "Why hello there." You heard from beside you. You turned to see a brunette boy with brown eyes. "Um, hi." You said, obviously not interested. "So you're a L/N, eh? My dad was good friends with yours when they were in Hogwarts." The boy stated. He's now getting on your nerves. You hate talking about your family. Your parents were dead and your brother and you were harassed by your aunt. 'Do this or I'll slap you.' She'd say. Your lucky brother got to come here two years ago (he's a third year), leaving you behind. But it only made you stronger. Speaking of your brother, you hadn't talked to him all day, not even before getting on the train. You would in the common room. "SLYTHERINS FOLLOW ME!" You heard your prefect yell. You left the boy to follow the prefect. 

When you got to your common room, you found your brother, Nick, sitting on the black leather couch in front of the fireplace. You sat next to him. "Hey." You said, leaning your head back. "Hey." He replied, doing the same. "How are-" You started but he cut you off. "I'm sorry for not writing for the last two years. I still love you though, you're still my baby sister. I saw that Alex kid hitting on you earlier, shall I beat his sorry ass?" He asked. You chuckled. You could handle yourself. "Nah, I ignored him. I wouldn't mind if you kicked that Malfoy's tooth in though." You said, chuckling. Jake chuckled, too. "You know, Mum was best friends with Narcissa Malfoy, they were like sisters." He told you, staring into the fire. "Good to know. I still think Draco Malfoy is a co-dependent loser, though." You said. "Yeah, I agree..... Anyway, you should get to bed you have classes tomorrow." He said, ruffling your hair. You nodded and went to your dorm room where you found some of the Slytherin girls, all of them asleep. You found the bed with your stuff on it and got out some parchment and a quill. You wrote a quick note to your friends.

Harry, Ron, Hermione,

Goodnight :) See you tomorrow at classes, I have Transfiguration, then Charms, then DADA, then Herbology. Anyone else have those classes?

-Y/N

You gave the letter to Shadow and whispered "take it to Hermione, Ron and Harry in the Gryffindor house." And with that, she left. She returned moments later with two notes. 

Y/N,

Harry and I have all those classes, too! We don't know about Hermione, she's in her dormitory. See you tomorrow. Night, love.

-Ron.

And the second.

Y/N,

I have all those classes, we can be together! YAY! Goodnight, sleep well.

-Hermione.

You smiled at your friends. You knew that with time, you'd only grow closer.