A Probably Expected Turn.

"What? No! I don't even know what I'm doing myself....." He said. You looked at him like he was insane. "Is this your way to make my life a living hell? By annoying the shit outta me?" You ask, trying not to lower your guard. For all you know, he could be acting as a wrecking ball, trying to break down your walls that you only let down for specific people. Hermione, Harry and Ron, for instance. But you would NOT lower them for Malfoy, even if his mum was your mum's best friend. "You know what? I'm done. I tried to be nice but-" You cut him off. "Nice? You were acting defenceless. 'I don't even know why I'm here' while looking off into the pond is NOT nice, it's confusion and- and........" You couldn't think of a word to finish that with. "Well it's not being mean, now is it?" He says calmly, turning to look at you. You saw in his eyes what you see in Wood's or in Hermione's....... strange, his eyes aren't cold and stormy...... they're more like a drizzle of hope than a tornado of darkness and hate. You couldn't help but think this is a trap. "Whatever, Malfoy. Now one of us is going to leave and I'd prefer it wasn't me so-" But a third voice came into hearing. "Y/N? Malfoy? Am I interrupting something?" Your eyes go wide. You turn to face Ron. Oh dear, please don't think anything was happening! "Um no." You say at the same time as Malfoy says "yes." You face-palm and shoot him a glare. "Ron nothing was happening. What's up?" You ask, turning your attention to your friend. "Well I hadn't seen you since class and I wanted to congratulate you for earning 75 points." He said, smiling at you. You smile back and hear from behind you: "75 POINTS? DID YOU USE A MIND CONTROLLING SPELL OR SOMETHING? DID YOU USE AN UNFORGIVABLE?" You rolled your eyes. "No, Malfoy, I didn't. I just happen to be very good at what I do and apparently the Professors think so, as well." You're starting to get sick of him always having something to say. "Of course they do, you're a bloody genius! I would say almost better than Hermione!" Ron praised. That meant something because Hermione is a very skilled witch, you could tell already and it was only your first day seeing her abilities. "Thank you Ronald. Now if you don't mind, Malfoy, I'm going to walk back to school with my Gryffindor friend. Don't follow us or I'll put a snake on you." You threatened, getting up and putting your arm around Ron. Ron suppressed chuckles as Malfoy glared at you two. 'You're too good for that blood-traitor. You should be putting your arm around someone like..... like me.' Draco thought. His eyes narrowed at Ron as you two walked away, laughing at something you'd said. 

"So what was he doing there with you anyways?" Ronald asked, looking down at his feet. "To be honest, I don't know and according to him, neither did he. He was all, 'your sarcasm and anger intrigue me' and I was all, 'Malfoy, get a life.' And the weird thing is, he didn't explode in anger or tell me his father would be hearing about all the rude things I said. He just looked at me with an expression I have yet to learn what it means." You explained. Ron looked up at you, deep in thought. 'Who could explode at you?' He thought. 'Wait- why? How? What? I think my hormones are starting to kick in. Stupid hormones.' His brain added. "Anyway, thank you, by the way, for congratulating me. And thanks for coming to find me just to tell me that." You said, smiling at him. "To be honest I just wanted to talk to. I get the feeling you're the kind of girl I could pull pranks on Fred and George with but then have 'what is the meaning of life' discussions with. I like that about you." He complements. You blush. You've been told stuff like that before but it meant more coming from a friend, someone you knew meant it. "Thanks, Ronald. And ooooh okay, I'm intrigued. We now HAVE to pull a prank on your brothers." You suggest...... actually, more like demand. He chuckles. "Alright, what kind of-" He starts but you interrupt with "I GOT IT!" You literally had the best plan ever. You go on to  explain the prank you'd be pulling and Ron happily agrees. By the time you had it all sorted out, you were back at Hogwarts, heading to the Grand Hall for dinner. You smile at Hermione and Harry and say goodbye to Ron, heading to the Slytherin table. "So, 75 points, eh, L/N?" That Alex kid from yesterday asks, sitting beside you. "Yep. I'm the key to Slytherin winning the House Cup for the, what, eighth year in a row?" You state cockily. It's probably true, to be honest. "Smart and pretty AND sassy? You're just perfect, aren't you?" He asks. You scoff. "Anything but." You take some potatoes and put some gravy on top when out of the corner of your eye, you see Jake heading your way. "This arse bugging you, Y/N?" He asks, sitting on the other side of you. "Nothing I can't handle. However, Alex, I do wish to eat my dinner in peace so if you don't mind keeping your words to yourself, that would be appreciated." You say and take a bite of your food.

After dinner, you have about 2 hours until curfew. You and Ron had decided to meet in the Gryffindor common room, which he would let you into, of course, to put your plan into action. "Hello, Y/N." He said, pulling you inside. "Hey Ronald, you ready?" You ask, seeing two bouncing redheads to your right. "Ready for what?" One of them asks. You're not sure who, though. "Well, Fred, Y/N and I are going to play truth or dare with Hermione and Harry." 

Your plan is genius. Foolproof. Of course, it would take about a week to fully prepare for and it would take kissing three of the Weasley's, which, you guess you didn't mind, considering this would be such a good prank even the twins would think it was brilliant. Which, of course, it was.