Celebrity?

"Now, everyone command your broom to fly into your hand by yelling up." Instructed Madam Hooch. "Up!" You yell in sync with Harry. Your brooms seem to be in sync as well because you get them at the same time. Madam Hooch smiles at you two as everyone else struggles. Five minutes in, everyone has their brooms up except Ron and Neville. "UP!" Ron yells. The broom does as instructed but instead of flying into his hand, it smacks him in the face. Harry chuckles, as does Hermione but you burst out laughing and end up falling onto your broom leaning forwards. The broom flies high into the air and you slip, your hands the only thing keeping you from falling to your death. "Shit!" You say under your breath, regaining your strength. You pull yourself onto your broom properly and lean forward a lot, trying to go down. "Dammit Ron! Why do you have to do such funny stupid things?!" You curse, going down really slowly. Suddenly, you see Neville beside you. He falls off his broom just as he was about to say something to you. You zoom down and catch him just as he's about to hit the ground. You two tumble off your broom, him landing on top of you. Very uncomfortably, might you add. "Um, Neville, would you mind maybe getting off of me?" You say, trying not to snap. You're pretty sure you twisted your ankle from the fall. "Oh um, sorry, Y/N." He says, quickly getting off of you, afraid you would kill him for touching you. He extends his hand to help you up and you gladly take it. "Are you alright, Longbottom?" You ask. "Y-yes. Are y-you?" He stutters, obviously nervous. You take a step over to your broom and fall because of your ankle. "Apparently not." You say, getting up and grabbing your broom, taking precaution to your leg. "Ms. L/N, maybe you should go see Madam Pomfrey." Madam Hooch suggested. "Oh no, Madam Hooch, I'm fine, really." You say, getting back in line. "Alright, well, 10 points to Slytherin for saving Mr. Longbottom." She nods in approval. Yay! You honestly are the perfect student. "And, you would be a good Chaser, I will be speaking to the captain of the Slytherin Quidditch team." She added. Um..... "That's really not necessary, Madam Hooch." You reply. Slytherin already has three perfectly good Chasers and you don't want to make any older Slytherins mad at you. "If you will help Slytherin during games, yes it is." Hooch insists. You shrug and look over at Harry, who is smiling at you, then Ron, who is eating a chocolate frog. How did he get that in class? And for some reason, you look at Malfoy, who is scowling at you for some odd reason. Jealousy, you figure. He probably wants to be on the Quidditch team. 

The rest of that class was nothing you didn't already know. It finished and you now had Potions with Snape. You hadn't really met Snape yet, you hoped he wasn't as bad as all the Gryffindors said. You start walking in that direction when you feel an arm go over your shoulders. You figure it was Ron so you just roll your eyes jokingly and continue walking.... until you see Ron walk past you with Harry and Hermione. "BLOODY HELL!" You say, pushing the person off you. You turn to see, believe it or not, Draco Malfoy. "Are you bloody kidding me? What do you want now, Malfoy?" You ask angrily. How dare he! It isn't that big of a deal, but he thinks you have a boyfriend so it actually is. "To walk you to Potions." He stated simply, shrugging. "Um, no. And what point of taken, has a boyfriend do you not get? Ron will kill you if he knows you did that!" You reply, laying it on thick. He scoffed. "Weasley? The blood traitor? He couldn't take me with five wands." He says cockily. "Well no shit, he doesn't have five arms! And you're half the man he is, Malfoy. He actually uses kindness to make friends, not cockiness and threats. Just leave me alone, okay? Okay." You say, storming off for dramatic effect. He just chuckled and continued walking to Potions.

Snape wasn't actually that bad in your opinion. He spoke with respect yet also had the sass and knew how to discipline a student. He went kinda hard on Harry, though, asking questions only a 2nd year would know.... besides you and Hermione, that is. "And Ms. L/N. Another celebrity." He said, turning his attention to you. "Um, what?" You ask. Celebrity? You are no celebrity. "How impolite. I think the term you were looking for is 'pardon.'" He corrected. "And are you not the daughter of Aurilia and Broderick L/N?" He added. You nod with a confused look on your face. "How is that of any importance, sir?" You ask, trying your best to be polite. "Your parents, Ms. L/N, were very important wizards. Do you know how they died?" He asked. Where was he going with this? "No, I don't, sir." You stated. "Would you like to know?" He continued. Um did you need to have this conversation in front of the whole class? "I would actually like to learn how to brew potions, if you don't mind. This conversation is making me a little uncomfortable, Professor." He nodded in understanding and continued on about what ingredients make what potions and other stuff.

After class you had a free period. You headed straight for your three best friends. "Hey guys, woah what's wrong Hermione?" You ask, noticing she had tears in her eyes. "Malfoy called her a Mudblood again. I think it hit her harder this time because it was just him and her, none of us to stand up for her." Ron stated. "Oh do shut up, Ron." Said Harry. "Hermione, do you wanna come talk, just you and I?" You ask. She nods and walks faster, towards the girl's washrooms. You follow her and when you enter the room she bursted out in tears. "Aw honey it's alright, Malfoy is just some prick, what he says doesn't actually matter." You try and console. "T-that's the thing, it doesn't matter! It's just a word! It's a filthy word, though, it's rude and degrading and excuse my language but it makes me feel like shit." She rambles through tears. "Listen to me, you are better than Malfoy will ever be. He bullies his way through life and will never have any true friends. As long as you have us, you're all set. It doesn't matter what your blood heritage is, it just matters that you're around people who will put you in front of themselves or sacrifice their reputation for you, which I would do in a second. Would anyone do it for Malfoy? No. He only cares about reputation, fame, blood heritage. You care about what's important. What's on the inside." You explain. She chuckles. "Technically your blood is what's on the inside." She says. "Smartass." You reply. You both giggle. You wipe her eyes. "Come on, let's not let that imbecile ruin your day, I'll talk to him later..... maybe hit him a couple times, too." You say, helping her up and leading her back to the boys.