You Fancy Her.

*Two Hours Earlier*

"You noticed, too?!" Hermione asked. Her and Ron were in the Gryffindor common room, discussing Harry's behaviour towards you. "Oh please, Hermione, I'm not THAT thick! Anyone within eye view of him can tell he likes her! I mean, he got all red when I asked her to be my 'girlfriend' and the expression of total ecstasy when he figured out only one of us Weasley boys will have a chance to kiss her, it gives him away." Ron countered. "I know! I feel happy for him, however I think he might be moving too fast, they only met a couple days ago, how can he fancy her already?" Hermione asked, puzzled. "Love at first sight, my dear." Ron explained in a simple sentence. "I suppose... Should we get Harry to do something and get her before someone else does?" "Someone else like who?" Ron asked, confused. "Oh I don't know, one of your brothers, that Alex kid in Slytherin.... Malfoy.." She said. "Malfoy?! What would he want with her? Don't they hate each other?" Ron asked. "No! Isn't it obvious? He's just as head-over-heels for her as Harry! Don't forget, he offered to have breakfast with her today, even if he showed it as a hateful action towards us. I bet that part was only to maintain his reputation." Hermione explained. "Um alright." He said simply as Harry walked in. "Harry, mate! We were just talking about you!" Ron yelled, running to Harry and pushing him on the couch. "Um okay, what's wrong?" He asked, concerned. "Well only the fact you're trying to hide your feelings." Stated Hermione in her usual cocky 'I know everything' voice. "I'm pretty sure I'd know if I were doing that..." Harry countered. "Well maybe it's one of the cases where you didn't. You do now. You need to do something about your crush on Y/N." Ron explained. "My what!? I do NOT have a crush on Y/N..... at least- at least I think I don't....." Harry thought about it. He supposes you are smart... and pretty.... and funny.... and loyal.... and brave....... "You do, mate. It's obvious." Ron stated. "Oh..... oh alright. She is kind of amazing..... I will do something about that."

*Present Time*

After a couple of seconds, you pull out of the kiss and blush slightly. A thousand thoughts race through your mind. 'What was that for?' 'Does he like me?' 'Do I like him?' 'Did someone cast a spell on him to make him do that?' And many more. He looks at you and smiles. "I guess Ron and Hermione were right." He says simply. "About what?" You ask. "I do fancy you." And then again, one thousand thoughts. 'Do I fancy him back?' 'Is he only infatuated because he was told he fancies me?' Stuff like that. "Y-you do?" You ask nervously, looking anywhere but his eyes. This was maybe the most awkward situation you've ever been in and it is he first time you had no sarcastic remark to get you out of it. "Yes, it seems like I do....." He said, tucking a stray strand of hair behind your ear. And here you thought you could have normal best friends where one of them didn't fall for you. "Oh well um...... that's nice. I must be off, Harry. I had a wonderful time. Bye!" You rambled and quickly walked off, leaving him confused and a little hurt. 'I guess she doesn't like me back.' He thought and walked back to the Gryffindor common room. "Harry! How did it go? What happened?" Hermione gushed. She seemed really excited about this, must be a girl thing, Harry thought. "Well I kissed her." He said and looked down. "That's great! Wait- why do you look so sad, then?" Ron asked. "Did she not take it well?" Hermione added. "She blushed and refused to make eye contact with me and I told her I fancied her and she just said 'oh well that's nice, I have to go, bye!' and left... Does that mean she doesn't like me back? Did I set myself up for failure?" Harry rambled. "I think so, mate." Ron said. Hermione slapped his shoulder as Harry returned to looking down. "Certainly NOT! She may just be confused, that's all. She may be a little scared of all the hate you two would get from the Slytherins and maybe a few Gryffindors as well. She may not know how she feels." Hermione consoled. "Speaking as another female, that is." She added. Harry lifted his head quickly to look at Hermione and his eyes lit up. "So I still have a shot?!" He exclaimed. She nodded her head and smiled slightly.

Meanwhile, you were pacing in the Slytherin common room. What in bloody hell just happened? You were perfectly happy with your friends. You were even partially happy with the relationship you had with Malfoy. You hadn't really met the Weasley twins officially, you couldn't tell them apart actually, but you knew you'd be friends at some point. "Hey sis, what's going on? Are you okay? Shit. What happened? Who's ass do I need to kick?" Jake asked, walking into the room. "Nobody's but I'll be kicking yours if you don't shut the bloody hell up." You hissed, continuing to pace. You don't know what happened yourself, how were you going to explain it? "Oi! That's no way to speak to your older brother. Now, sit, calm down and tell me what happened before I dose you with Veritaserum." He counters. "Ugh fine." You sit down on the floor, refusing to walk all of five feet to the couch. You didn't want to stop anyways, why should you have to walk to stop? (If that makes sense) "I don't know what happened I just- I went to that pond you told me about with Harry-" he cut you off "Potter?" "Yes now shut up. I went with Harry and I told him how Malfoy was complementing me and saying I was perfect and how he doesn't know why he hasn't snogged me already and-" "Wait excuse me WHAT!" He interrupted AGAIN. "Do you want me to explain or not?" You spat. He shut up and nodded. "And Harry said he's not wrong that I am quite perfect and then he-he kissed me. And me, being the awkward imbecile I am, practically ran away and came here and started pacing." You finished, FINALLY. "So in reality I do have an ass to kick... Two actually." He said. "Oh Jake don't even start. I've handled myself for two years, Merlin knows I can handle two boys." You spit. "Ouch." He looks at you, hurt. You hit his soft spot. You know he feels terrible about leaving you with your aunt Cassidy but you also know he had to go to Hogwarts. "Yeah well sorry but you're stressing me out even more than I was before you came." You explained. "Fine then, I'll leave. See you later." He said, a little more harshly than intended. He left and you yawned. All you needed to do was sleep on it. So you went into your dormitory and did exactly that.