Backfire.

You wake up hours later to see everyone in the dorm asleep. You look at the clock near the doorway and see that it's 4:00 am. You tried to go back to sleep to no avail so you decided to sit by the fire in the common room and think. You grabbed a blanket, wrapped it around yourself and snuggled up on the couch. What did that kiss mean? Did you like it? Do you like Harry? What if you decided you do like him and he thought it was only for his fame? You're so confused. Your thoughts were broken by footsteps outside the common room. You grab your wand, in case you need to defend yourself, and open the door cautiously, only to find the Weasley twins. "Fred? George? What the hell are you two doing outside the dungeons at 1:00 o'clock in the bloody morning?" You whisper. "Um we were um......" George mumbled and looked at Fred, you could tell the difference because they were wearing sweaters that had a G and an F on them. "Okay, you guys need to go back to the Gryffindor tower before Filch sees you." You advise but they just shake their heads. "Ugh, fine, would you like to come in?" You asked. They nodded and you let them in. "So tell me again why you two are here? What's in that bag?" You question, just now noticing Fred has a duffle bag in his hands. "Um well we were coming to leave you a note from Harry....." George replied, sitting on the couch. However Fred went to sit at the same time and sat on George. George pushed him off and Fred ended up sitting on the floor whilst you took the other cushion on the couch. "And you needed that big bag to do so? Oh and wait- what does the note say? Why are you two dropping it off? Why did he write a note and not just tell me what he has to say in person? Is he mad at me? Are Hermio-" You asked in one breath but the twins, at the same time, cut you off. "Oi! Breathe, woman!" They said. Damn that's creepy.  You inhaled deeply and exhaled. "Alright, now, yes we needed this bag because we were setting up a prank on the Hufflepuffs. You can read the note after, we don't know what it says. We're delivering it and he didn't want to talk to you in person because he thought it would be awkward and weird. What happened, by the way?" George asked. You sighed. You can't tell them he kissed you because they think you're dating Ron. Dammit. "Um...... Long story?" You tried and it worked. Thank Merlin. "Alright. And no, Harry isn't mad, by the way, he's just a little confused." Fred finished and you nodded. "Okay. Can I se the note?" You ask, kinda nervous to read it. Fred nods and passes you a red envelope with your name written on the back in gold ink. Just as you go to open it you stop yourself and ask: "should I read it?" But all the twins could say was "well how would we know? We don't know what happened? What did he do?" You didn't wanna ruin the prank but maybe somehow you could change it? You mean, how could three little words (He kissed me) cause that much damage? "H-he...... He kissed me." You said looking down. "BEFORE RON WHAT THE HELL I THOUGHT HARRY WAS A GOOD GUY!" Fred exclaimed. "I'm gonna kill him. Does Ron know? Oh he's gonna kill him." George added. "Guys-" "He's gonna be pissed." "His first girlfriend, kissed by one of his own friends." "Guys-" "I thought Harry was the good guy, practically defeating You-Know-Who and all." "I can't believe this." "GUYS!" Finally, they stopped rambling at each other and turned their attention to you. "Finally! Jeez. Before you go making assumptions, I need to tell you something!" You exclaimed. "And what would that be?" Fred asked angrily, obviously still upset. "I was never actually dating Ron. We were doing it to prank you and apparently I'm better at pranking than you two are because you fell for it." You explained. Their jaws dropped as you smiled smugly. "So- you and Ron- prank- Fred and I- and we fell for it!?" George stuttered and you nodded. "From what I've heard, you haven't yet lived up to your standards, boys." You smirk. "I was gonna kiss Fred on the day Ron was gonna 'kiss me for the first time' and Ron was going to walk in on it and we were gonna fake argue and I was going to blame Fred." You state proudly.  "Diabolical." They say in unison and smile evilly. "Wait you were going to kiss me?" Fred asked in realization. "Yep." "Why did he get to be the one to be kissed?" "Who says I'm still not?" "I did." You reply. "We could still take this somewhere, you know, make the prank backfire at Ron." Fred says convincingly. "Genius." George mutters. "Quite brilliant actually. I'm up for it. Oh and by the way, George, Fred is going to be the one getting kissed because I like him better." You smirk as Fred grins and George pouts. "Aw Georgie don't worry, play your cards right and maybe one day you'll get a kiss." You say teasingly, obviously not meaning it. However, George doesn't see that and his face lightens up. You roll your eyes and go to say something but the boys are now looking behind you. You turn around to see what they're looking at to see Malfoy smirking. "Cheating on the younger blood traitor with the two older ones, L/N?" He asks. "Oh piss off, Malfoy." You say simply as the twins smile at you proudly. "I have just as much right to be here as you do, if not more." He throws back. "And what's that supposed to mean?" You say, standing up and clenching your fist. "It means you don't belong in Slytherin, you're not good enough for it." He smirks. You lunge towards him, ready to pull that too-blond hair right out of his ugl- okay not ugly head, you have to admit Malfoy is quite attractive but you still want to kill him.  Fred, however grabs your waist and holds you back. "Malfoy she is better than you in every sense so I would suggest shutting up before Fred lets her go and you get hurt even more." George suggests, pointing to Malfoy's black eye that you had given him yesterday. Malfoy looks a little frightened but stands his ground. "I could take her if I wanted to." He states cockily. "Want me to let her go so we can test that theory?" Fred asked as you try and break free. You swear you heard Malfoy gulp. "Fred just let me go so I can kick one of his 'perfect' teeth out!" You whisper yell, trying not to let anyone else know the twins were there. "Y/N, if I let you go, you have to promise not to physically harm anyone." Fred whispers to you. You weren't aware his face was that close to your ear and his breath made the hair on the back of your neck tingle. "Fine." You say grumpily, planning what you were going to do. He let you go, you grabbed your wand and said the first spell that came to mind "Colovaria!" You cast and pointed your wand at Malfoy's head. Instantly, his hair turned red,  one of Gryffindor's  colours. You smirk and put your wand back in your pocket. He didn't think anything happened so he just smirked and rolled his eyes, going back to his dormitory. The twins chuckled and high-fiver you. "Smartass." Fred commented. "Well, you did say not to physically hurt anyone. And to be fair I didn't hurt anyone at all. Maybe Malfoy's pride and his reputation but other than that I did nothing." You smirk proudly.