The Trial.

"Um, excuse me? That- what- no!" You disagree. He couldn't just WIN a date, he'd have to earn it. "Or Weasley and I could settle right here and I get a kiss instead." Malfoy offered, although that was no better, if not worse. "How come I wouldn't get the kiss?" Fred asked. You face palmed. "You don't know anything about laws, do you?" You ask as he shakes his head. You sigh. Hopefully he would find someone who does to represent him. "He's sewing you, therefore, you two would agree on a settlement so you could get him off your back." Hermione explained for you. You looked at her with a 'thank you' expression. "Alright, so you guys go find your lawyers. Jury and 'Mione, come with me. Oh and Malfoy, tell Nabbe and Doyle they have to meet me at Black Lake like now." You demanded, walking off with your friends. 

"Y/N, what were you thinking? My brother knows NOTHING about law and now you're going to have to go on a date with Malfoy." George states. You stop and look at him. "Not necessarily. See, as a judge, I can't help Fred. However, I am stepping down from my position as judge to be your brother's lawyer." You say officially. "But that's not fair to Malfoy, you know everything and probably already have a strategy, he has to tell his lawyer everything and they need to plan out a strategy." Harry explains. "See, not exactly. My plan may work, but I will need to put Fred, George and Ron on the stand." You state. "What stand?" Ron asked. "In this case it's a metaphor, you guys will be witnesses. Let this be known to the judge, who will have to let the council know." You nod in Hermione's direction. She nod and goes off to tell Malfoy and whoever was his lawyer, if he had found one yet. "Now, I have to get back to Fred, discuss our argument. Don't forget you guys are the jury. Go meet Crabbe and Goyle by the Black Lake, please." You say, walking back to the Great Hall, where you find Fred, sitting alone still. "Okay, Fredward. Here's how this is going to work, you're going to tell me all you can, reasons you'd be better than Malfoy. Reasons you'd be better for me." You state, sitting next to him. "Wait what? I thought you were the judge?" He asks, confused. "Yes but I'm pretty sure I'm the most qualified to be your lawyer, I've read about six law books and I've seen a live trial. My cousin -not by blood- is a lawyer so she also gave me some pointers, told me if anything goes wrong with my magic or I can't find a job here, I should become one. So, I gave up my position as judge to be your lawyer. Now, tell me everything." You demand. "Well, I'm nicer than Malfoy and would probably treat you better. I have a big loving family who it might be less awkward to hang out with, considering Narcissa and Lucius are sort of intimidating, and because you're already friends with half of them. I like the same stuff as you and don't care about blood status, like you. Malfoy probably would only want to be with you because you're a pureblood and Slytherin, otherwise he probably wouldn't care how totally hot you are, he'd hate you no matter what. Me, I don't care if you're Slytherin or Gryffindor or Hufflepuff or even a Muggle, I like you for you." "My Fred, are you saying you fancy me?" You smirk. "Well, if I am, would it help us?" "Only if it's true." "Fine. I fancy you." He states. "You're lying." There's no way Fred fancies you. You mean, yeah, he flirts with you and teases you but that doesn't mean he likes you. "No, I'm not. Why else would I do this stupid trial thing anyways? I know nothing about law and never really wanted to. I'm doing this because I would hate to see you with Malfoy and I would love to see you with me." He said. "Alright. Okay. Well, this isn't awkward. I just wanted to say I'm recording this, so I can use this as evidence." You say. You record almost every conversation you have. Besides the one you had with Harry or any other one after that yesterday. "Oh um alright." He approved, scratching the back of his neck. "So, I'm thinking that if you fancy me, you would have told George, correct?" You asked and he nodded. George was going to hear about not telling you before this conversation. "Alright, so I've told him already he'll be a witness. He'll tell us about that conversation and then the council will have a chance to ask him questions. I don't think they'll have anything useful to ask though. Also, we'll put up Ron because he saw us kiss yesterday. And lastly, you. You'll be telling us everything you just told me now as I ask questions, alright?" You asked. You felt confident about this. Even though you were very much magical, you felt like you could make it as a lawyer. "Okay, I'm gonna go um- well I don't know but I can't believe I just told the girl I fancy that I did so um...." He said and walked away, scratching the back his neck. Merlin's hat. With all the excitement and nerve of Malfoy winning, you hadn't realized that Fred just told you he liked you. Why? In your opinion you weren't any different than any other girl. Okay, maybe you were a bit more amazing than the rest but how was it possible that you charmed Harry; a celebrity, someone who could probably have any girl besides a Slytherin -well, besides you-. And Fred; a cute, funny guy who flirts with any girl who will listen. Both of them sweet and kind. You're a rude, sarcastic bitch. How did you manage to get two guys to like you? And if you count Malfoy, which you don't, it would be three.

About six hours later, you have files with stuff you could use against Malfoy. A lot of stuff you probably won't even use. You had decided you would also call Malfoy AND Crabbe to the stand, use against his favour what Fred is using in his favour. You were all at Black Lake, Hermione at the front, George, Harry, Ron, Crabbe and Goyle at the right side, you and Fred to the left and Malfoy and his lawyer, some Hufflepuff, near the jury. Now, you have no clue why Malfoy would let a Hufflepuff be his lawyer, they're too bubbly and honest. To be a lawyer, you have to bluff sometimes. You guess maybe because they're good at finding things? You honestly don't know. "Alright, court is now in session. Council you may bring in your first witness." Hermione stated. Okay, you got this, Y/N. You got this. The Hufflepuff stood up (they conjured chairs) and said; "We would like to call Hermione Granger to the stand." Um what? "Your honour, you can't judge yourself....." You stated. "Exactly. That's why Harry Potter is going to sub for her until we're done with our questions." He stated. You look at Harry and he just shrugs and walks to sit on Hermione's chair whilst she sits on the lower chair beside him. The Hufflepuff walked in front of everyone's chairs. "Miss Granger, what is your relationship with Miss L/N?" He started with. "Well she's my best female friend, I'm not 100% sure what I am to her." She stated. She was your female best friend. Your only female friend, actually..... you need to socialize more. "And your relationship with Mr. Malfoy?" The Hufflepuff asked. "Um.... I don't think we really have one. He's kind of a bully to me. That's all. I don't talk to him unless completely necessary." Hermione replied. Nice answer, 'Mione. "How does Miss L/N respond to his bullying?" Where is he goes with this? "She defends me. And Ron. And Harry. And the Weasley twins. She never puts up with his garbage. She treats him the same way he treats us..... maybe a little more sarcastic than mean but other than that the same." She explained. You're glad she thought of you like that, maybe you weren't as bitchy as you thought. "And would you say that Miss L/N is in anyway flirtatious with my client when she speaks to him?" He asked. Oh. This is where he was going. "Yes but-" "And would you say she is equally flirtatious with Mr. Weasley?" "Yes, if not more." You could tell that's what Malfoy's lawyer had cut her off from before. "Does Miss L/N flirt with Mr. Weasley in a teasing manner or in a 'I want to date this boy' manner?" He asked. "Objection!" Fred yelled. You face palm. That wasn't his job. "On what grounds?" Harry asks. "On the grounds that I'm not a boy. I'm a man." He says as you roll your eyes. "Fred! That is not- you know what? You are gonna keep your mouth shut from now on. Okay? Okay." You order as Fred gulps slightly. You scare him a bit when you're serious. "Sorry, your honour. Continue Mr........." You trail off, not knowing his name. "Litt." He stated. "Alright, continue Mr. Litt." You continued. "Miss Granger, does Miss L/N flirt with Mr. Weasley in a teasing way or in a 'I want to date this 'man'' way?" He repeated. "Well I suppose in a teasing way but-" "So as the jury can see, Miss L/N takes more interest in flirting with Mr. Malfoy for real." "Objection!" You yell, standing up. "I tease people I like." "Are you implying you have feelings for Mr. Weasley?" Litt asked.

Damn it. You didn't even know yourself. How were you supposed to answer?