Getting Closer.

You wake up the next morning before everyone else. You get dressed and go into the common room to find it empty. You sit on the leather couch from yesterday and pull out your Spell Book that your mum left you. You read about eight Charms before you hear footsteps. You ignore them and continue reading. "You're in my seat." You hear a male voice from behind you. Dammit Malfoy, when will he just give up? "Do I look like I care?" You say, not even looking up from your book. "I'll make you get off if you don't just do it now." He said, hatred in his eyes. You shake your head as he gets out his wand. You quickly pull out yours and say "expelliarmus" pretty quietly so you don't get in trouble. His wand goes flying across the room. He groans and goes to pick it up. "Malfoy, I'm very determined to make sure you do not succeed in your mission to destroy my life. Back off or you'll be in very, very big trouble." You threatened. He scoffs and sits next to you. "Is that a challenge?" He asked cockily. You look back at your book. "No, it's not. You going up against me would practically be suicide for your reputation. I could say maybe three spells and you'd be hanging upside down in nothing but your boxers with pink hair." You say simply, reading a Charm that is a defence against offensive Charms. That will come in handy. "How do you know all these spells?" He asked intently and possibly politely? No, it's not possible. "Why would I tell you? You've been nothing but rude to my friends and I since we met on the train." You said with a lot of attitude. And you knew it was the truth. Just yesterday he had come up to your car and insulted the hell out of your new friends. "Well fine, don't tell me. It was just a question, you don't have to answer. It was also your only opportunity to set an alliance with me. You blew it." He stalked off angrily and you just shook your head in a state of 'who the hell cares'.

An hour later it was time for breakfast so you went down to the Great Hall. You saw Harry, Hermione and Ron and waved at them. They waved back and you went over to the Slytherin table. You sat down and grabbed a piece of toast, you weren't hungry for much more. "Hey little sis." You heard Jake say as he sat next to you. "Hey Jake, how are you this fine morning?" You ask, turning to face him. "I'm fine, how are you?" "I'm fine, a little pissed at Malfoy still. He actually had the nerve of telling me I blew my only chance at an alliance with him. Alliance? Seriously?" "How stuck up can one get?" He asked as you giggled, agreeing. "Sorry bro, I gotta get to class, Transfiguration first, wish me luck." You said, grabbing your books and heading to the entrance. Ron and Hermione were there waiting for you.  "Hello Y/N!" Hermione said. "Good morning, Hermione, Ron. How are you both?" You reply. "We're good and yourself?" Ron asks politely. "I'm alright, had another run in with Malfoy this morning. Where's Harry?" You ask. "Waiting for us in Transfiguration." Said Hermione.

You sat next to Harry in Transfiguration, to his request. "Welcome to your first Transfiguration class, students. As you know, I'm Professor McGonagall. We will start off easy, turning matches into needles. I am, however, obliged to ask, does anyone know anything about Transfiguration already?" McGonagall asked. Your arm flew up immediately. "Well go on then, Ms. L/N." She said. You stood up confidently, took out your wand and found a chalice. You took it and placed it on you and Harry's desk. You waved your wand and said "avifors" and the chalice turned into a bird, a beautiful red cardinal. "Beautifully done, Ms. L/N!" McGonall praised. You smiled and sat back down, seeing Hermione and Ron smiling at you. "How did you do that?"Harry whispered, leaning towards you. "I study. I could help you out sometime." You offered. Harry smiles at you and nods. "Okay so to matches and needles." Says McGonagall.

The rest of the class was pretty boring and simple, nothing compared to the magic you had preformed earlier. At the end of the class, McGonagall asked you to stay behind. You gladly agreed and told the others you'd meet them in Charms later. "Ms. L/N, you are very gifted for a first year, I hope you know that." She started and you nod. "Thank you, Professor." "Because it's your first day and you are already this progressed I would like to grant 50 points to Slytherin." She offered. "Thank you, Professor, thank you so much!" You gushed. 50 points! 50! You were very proud of yourself. "Now, go, you wouldn't want to be late for Charms with Mr. Flitwick, he would not be amused." "Yes, ma'am. Thank you again!" You said, grabbing your books and literally sprinting to Charms class.

It was a very good class. You had sat with Ron, much to his enjoyment, he didn't really appreciate being forced to sit with Hermione in class. In general, she's a very good person but in class, she's a freaking smart-ass. You showed off, again, by turning Scabbers back to grey. Half the class couldn't even turn his head grey. Mr. Flitwick awarded Slytherin another 15 points for your efforts and you got praised amazingly for it. 

The rest of the day went by very quickly. You showed off, you got 75 points in total and you made a new friend named Oliver Wood. You think he's a third year, you're not 100% sure. He was really nice and he said he was the captain of the Quidditch team. Sadly, he's the captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team, which helps you in no way. It's still nice to have made a friend, though. 

There is a nice little tree near a pond about 5 minutes from Hogwarts. It's probably breaking many rules to go there, but you find it's a nice place to sit and think. You sit against a small yet strong willow tree and look into the pond. Jake had told you about this place, he said you'd love it and he was right. As you looked into the lake, you saw your reflection along with someone else's. You turn to see who it is, the water isn't that clear. You groan. "Malfoy when will you just leave me alone? Did you follow me here? Ugh, creep." You say, looking back at the lake. "Are you done? I'm trying to have a rational conversation with you and you keep insulting me." He says, sitting next to you. You scooch away a bit, spacing you and him. "Rational? Rational? Ha, good luck with that." You sassed, trying not to make eye contact. You could feel him watching you. "I don't know why, but your sarcasm and anger seems to intrigue me." He states, also looking at the pond. "Intrigue you? You mean because you're also a sassy jerk? Dude, I'm a complete bitch to you, I'm not the one who should 'intrigue' you." You say, actually looking at him for once. He continues to look at the pond. "Yes, but to be honest, and I know it's strange, I quite enjoy our little quarrels." He continues. You roll your eyes. "What are you playing at, Malfoy? What are you trying to do? Gain my trust and then use all my deepest, darkest secrets against me? Well tough, you're not getting anything out of me."