The Only Exception( A Demi Lovato Fanfic)

Summer

The sun crept through my curtains, casting a light on my face. I slowly climbed off my comfortable resting place, and walked into the bathroom. Looking into the mirror, a future Dallas Cowboy cheerleader glared tired eyed before me. I began to do my morning routine. Walking back into my room, I pick up my phone and check my messages. I have a few from my ex Josh, and one from my best friend Dallas.
Dallas Lovato has been my best friend since the first grade. Both of our moms were Dallas cowboy cheerleaders and I decided to pursue the tradition unlike Dallas.

I call Dallas back and set up our breakfast date and place the phone on the coffee table and step into the shower.

***

Demi

I make it home from the gym to be met by Dallas in the kitchen.

"Hey Dallas." I say looking at her texting on the phone.

"Hey Sis. How was the gym?" she says not looking up.

" It was actually pretty good" I answer looking in the refrigerator for some orange juice. I ask Dallas were she is going , spotting her skimpy outfit.

She replies, "On a date with Summer."

Summer is Dallas' closest friend. They've known each other for ever and hang out all the time. Their relationship is just like Marissa's and I, expect for the fact that I have a girl crush on Dallas' best friend.

Summer is this gorgeous blonde with ocean blue eyes and a mesmerizing body. I never had a thing for girls and I'm not confused about my sexuality, she's just that one exception. Every time she comes around I get nervous and I make things so awkward between us. Suddenly Dallas interrupts my train of thought.

"Do you want to tag along?" she asks.

"No, I have things to do. Maybe next time." I say regretfully.

A few minutes pass and I hear someone knocking. I'm sitting on the couch when a bombshell walks through the door; it's Summer. She's wearing a black studded beanie, with a sleeveless white and red tee, black high waisted studded shorts, black see through tights , and black thick heels. Immediately my throat goes dry as I gaze at her sparkly white teeth greet Dallas.

Summer

I walk up to Dallas' door and knock. Dallas and her family lives here and also have a home in L.A. I can remember coming over here in grade school on play dates, while our moms talk about the latest Cowboy news. Dallas answers the door and I hug her and come in. Out of my peripheral I can see Dallas' sister Demi sitting on the couch. Dallas and the girls in her family are so beautiful and talented. I would love to be apart of their family.

"How are you Dal?" I smiled, arm agape.

"Good! I haven't seen you in like two weeks. You look hot!" She hugs me

"Thanks. I've been in training camp." I say taking a seat at the island.

Out the corner of my eye I can see Demi get up and walk into the kitchen..

"Hey. Summer." she smiled

I get up and hug her. She hugs me tightly as the fresh scent of lavender rushes into my nostrils. God she's beautiful! I was deep into thought when I felt her start to pull away. I hadn't realized I was still holding on to her.

"Geez Summer! You must have missed her more then me!" Dallas joked.

Immediately my cheeks turn as red as my lipstick.

Demi looks at me and grins. I look away to prevent my crimson cheeks from getting even more red then what they already were.

"Are you blushing Summer. God!" Dallas says.

Demi

Summer's so cute when she blushes! She uses her long curly hair to hide her face and turns her head. I didn't mean to make her uncomfortable , I'm actually surprised she hugged me for that long.

"So Summer how is the cheer leading coming?" I ask

"Good! I um, actually,I'm in one of the final rounds to become one." she says finally turning her head to face me again. Her face has cooled and she only has a hint of red on her cheeks.

"Well that's awesome. I wish I could cheer as well as you do."

"I'll be happy to show you some time!" she says getting up from the island.

"Promise?" I reply glaring directly into those beautiful eyes.

"Promise." she replies and holds out her pinky.

Our pinkies connect and she immediately looks away as her face starts turns red again. She quickly lets go and asks Dallas if she's ready. Dallas agrees and they get their stuff and leave. Meantime; I sit on the couch and recap on the last ten minutes.