Chapter 9: Hearts Grown Cold (Part One)

Summer

They knock softly a few times and call my name. I recognized the voice as Dallas' and open the door.

"Oh sorry I didn't know you were still getting dressed." she says still behind the door.

"It's okay come in." I reply while putting my over-sized tee on.

Dallas takes a seat, the same place Demi sat a few days prior. Exhaling deeply she looks down. I soon realize this is one of those conversations.

"Summer. Ever since we got into that argument about you and Josh, I know we haven't been as close anymore. And I miss that." she doesn't look up.

"Is this your apology? I say disgusted.

She looks at me eyes begging, I don't believe a word she utters.

"So it took you what almost a month to say that?" my voice is elevated

"No. It's just I see you and my sister getting closer-" I cut her off

"Oh is this because your jealous of me and Demi's relationship?"

"I mean you two have been spending a lot of time together."

"That's because Demi doesn't try to tell me what to do. She is supportive and she cares about me."

"I was telling you what I saw that night that's it."

"Bullshit Dallas. So you didn't tell me to break up with him? Even though you knew we were together for almost four years."

"Okay. Fine Summer. If you're gonna end a almost twenty two year friendship over this then fine." she gets up and heads toward the door.

I can tell she is hurt.

"Dallas. I still want to be friends."

"Whatever Summer." she slams the door.

Is she serious right now? I can hear her yell something to Demi and then slam her bedroom door.

Demi

Marissa and I are talking when Dallas walks out of Sam's room.

"I guess you're her best friend now." Dallas yells voice intense.

"What?" I reply completely confused

I look at Marissa not understanding what just occurred. Immediately my brain focuses on Sam and I get up and walk in her room. She is laying on the bed weeping. Looking at her made me want to cry. I climb on the bed over her and lay adjacent to her cradling her waist.

"I really don't want to talk okay." she whispers facing her head away from me.

"You don't have to." I stroke her now darkened blonde hair.

"I just wanted to tell you that I love you and I am always here for you."

Unexpectedly, she turns over and we hold each other in a warm endearment. Her head is in my chest and arms intertwined in mine.

"I love you too D." I smile at those words. That is the first time we have said we love each other.

My embrace deepens and I kiss her head. Thereafter, she elevates herself and kisses me. Her face is a light blush red and cheeks soaked. We lay under the covers cuddled up not really caring about anybody else, and fall asleep.

Comment. Vote. Share. Follow. Thanks for all the support!!