Chapter 2: The Start of Something New

Summer

We get our stuff and head out to the car. Deciding to take my vehicle, Dallas gets on the passengers side. We're on our way to one of our favorite spots. Its a little diner we've been going to for years. Pulling up we get out, go in and have a seat.

"We sit at the same booth every time we come here." Dallas says as she slides into the booth.

" I know right."

The waitress comes over with our menus and biscuits. They give biscuits as their complimentary bread. We order our usual breakfast and wait for our food to return.

"So has Josh called you back?" Dallas asks as she squeezes lemon in her orange juice.

"Yea this morning when you called but I didn't answer. I'm so done with him. I think I'm done with guys." I say

Dallas looks at me confused.

"I'm just kidding."I say. Which I was. At that time.

Dallas laughs.

"See this is why I love you, you're so weird." she responds still partially laughing.

Our food finally comes and we begin to chow down.

Demi

I watch television for a while and then get bored. So, I decide to call my best friend, and Marissa comes over. We're sitting here talking when she asks about Dallas.

"Oh,she went on a date with Summer." I say waiting on her response.

"Summer,your girlfriend." she says jokingly.

Marissa knows have a crush on Summer. She even accepted the fact that her best friend could be a lesbian, but i assured her I wasn't .

"Summer is not my girl friend." I say quickly.

"I mean I'm not gonna lie Summer is beautiful." she replies like she wants me to admit my true feelings for her.

"I don't like Summer." I rebuttal as I get up and walk in the kitchen.

"Yes you do Demetria." she states as she follows me out the bedroom.

"I've known you since how long Demi, if you like her I wont judge you."

I don't respond.

We move off the subject and on to something else. About an hour passes and Summer and Dallas returns.

I open the door.

They walk in deep into a conversation.

"Summer he's a liar. I saw him at that club with a brunette." she says brushing past me.

"I believe you Dal, it just-"

"Don't make excuses for him." she snaps.

They debate a little more until Dallas says she has go to the bathroom leaving us alone.

Summer sits at the island head in her arms.

Summer

A feel cool a hand rub my back as I look up to find these big brown eyes staring down at me.

"What's wrong?" Demi questions and sits next to me.

"Its me and my ex. I broke up with him because he was cheating on me." I say about to cry.

"Cheat on you? Why would he do that your gorgeous!" she responds.

I smile, "Thanks Demi."

She begins to pulls me closer and I wrap my arms around her. I feel so safe in her arms. So secure. Like nothing can hurt me.

"I loved him. We were together for four years. And the only reason we broke up was because Dallas said she saw him at a club making out with this brunette girl."

"Do you believe Dallas?" she asks.

"I do I just,he denied it and there was no proof." I answer

Suddenly Dallas and Marissa emerge from the bedroom staring at us oddly.

I sit up and put my hands back in my lap.

Marissa makes a kissy face at Demi , causing her to look down.

I place my hand on Demi's leg under the table and immediately tingles are sent all the way through my arms. I get this weird feeling every time we touch.