Chapter 11: Only if for a Night

...... Later that Night

Summer

I'm sitting on the couch exhausted,watching Pretty Little Liars, when Demi plops down next to me.

"Guess what!?" she smiles widely.

"What?" I answer not looking away from the television.

"Babe. Really..." she sighs heavily.

"I said what." I turn to look at her,eyes bright.

"Get dressed." she orders, getting up from the couch.

"Really Dem?" I moan.

"Yes really." she mocks.

I slowly get up off the couch and walk to my bedroom. Opening my suitcase I scan to find something to wear. I decide on a graphic white tank that reads Love Life, and mint high waisted shorts, paired with mint heels and a light gray beanie.

I take a quick shower and get completely made up. While checking my self out and making kissie faces in the mirror, I'm satisfied with my appearance and walk out of my bedroom.

I'm greeted by Demi standing in the doorway grinning, and holding a bouquet of roses.

I start to blush softly as I move closer towards her. I'm a bit confused but all the more surprised. Eventually my cheeks resemble the red shading of those roses.

"Awe!!" she replies softly. Her joy quickly turns to lust as she begins biting her lip.

"You sure clean up nice....damn girl." she mummers while looking at me up and down.

"I'm not a piece of meat you know" I reply.

She laughs loudly. " I'm sorry." she words through her laughter. "You sure look quite lovely this evening madam." Demi mocks in a terrible British accent.

"Whatever... where are you taking me?" I smile softly.

"On our first date ." she answers proudly.

"Oh really?!" I respond quite impressed.

"Really!" she does that terrible British accent thing again and reaches out her hand.

We hold hands as we walk out the door leaving Marissa and Dallas in their slumber.

.................

We arrive at this beautiful set up on the beach. A small table sits in the center of the sunset. Two chairs are set on either side of the table with lighting vases placed all around. A waiter stands adjacent to the table holding a rose and bottle of champagne.

Unknowingly, I start to weep softly. NO ONE has ever made me feel this loved. I've been blinded by this guy I planned to spend my whole life with, when really the one I am suppose to be with is standing right next to me. Instead of being mad at Dallas I should thank her for ending things with me and Josh. She showed me what I was missing out on.

"Sam. Babe are you okay ?"

I immediately snap back into reality.

"Yea I'm fine." I answer while wiping my eyes.

"Why are you crying then?"

"Tears of joy. I just love you so much." I say sniffing softly.

Demi hugs me tightly whispering I love you to softly. I can hear her begin to tear up as well.

"You can't cry. your the man remember ." I say slightly laughing .

We both laugh.

"We'll tell that to the estrogen in my body!" she replies.

We both laugh, louder this time.

Demi takes my hand and we walk to the table. She pulls out my chair and I take a seat. The waiter pours two glasses of champagne and sets the rose on my plate. He also takes the roses from Demi and places it in a vase in the center of the table. Her butter cream eyes sparkle in the moonlight.

"I would like to make a toast." I exclaim over the ocean softly crashing against the shore.

We both raise our glasses in agreement.

"To a long,healthy, and happy life together." We toast our glasses and take a sip.

After a lovely dinner we remove our shoes and take a stroll on the beach.

I watch closely as her hair blows in the wind. Demi smiles as she notices me out the corner of her eyes.

"You know something Sam?" she stops us and turns to face me.

"I never would have fathomed I would be with a girl. Also, I never thought I would be this much in love with you. I want to spend every waking moment with you. I want to hold you close every night . I want to get jealous when other guys look at you. I want to make passionate love with you. I want to tell the whole world how much I'm in love with you. I need you Summer."

She slowly begins to pull out a small black velvet box from her pocket. I cover my mouth in shock.

Demi hands the box to me and I open it carefully. A small necklace rests in the box with two rings locked together on the chain.

"Its called the Cartier love necklace. One ring is for you and the other is for me. It is symbolic of interlocking love. I actually bought a matching one for me too."

I kiss her softy wrapping my arms around her neck.

"You're perfect Demi." I whisper  "And I want to be with you forever."

She kisses me back this time cradling my waist. We make out for a while, just holding each other. Demi puts on our necklaces and we get back in the car and head home.

"Well I have a surprise for you myself." I whisper seductively.

"Do you now?" she questions biting her lip.

"Yea and it involves me being clothe less." I murmur kissing her ear softly.

Demi face lights up as she pulls me out the car and through the doorway.

We open my bedroom door and proceed in.