Chapter 34: Save Me

Demi

"Hello, Demi?" Dallas voice ranged into the phone.

I couldn't move. It felt as if paralysis took over my body. A loud knock shook the door, causing me to jump. I turned and stared at the door, but I couldn't speak.

"Demi, your on in five. Do you need anything?" Natalie spoke through the wooden frame.

The call ended and the phone locked. Natalie called again.

"Demi is everything okay?" She stepped in, "Oh GOD, what happened?"

She stared at my glossy eyes. She noticed my phone on the floor and picked it up. Suddenly, a mixture of adrenaline and fear took over my body. I had to help her, and being here in New York wasn't going to work.

"I gotta go." I manage to utter

I stood quickly and began grabbing my stuff. Nerves took over my body as I shoved everything into my purse.

"What's wrong with you?" Natalie questioned grabbing my hand

" I need to help Sam." I replied and grabbed my phone.

I closed the door behind me and ran to my car.

Summer

The man entered the room, veins popping from his face.

" I got you now bitch." Spit spewed from his lips.

He grabbed the serrated knife from his boot and turned on the lights.

Summer hid under a table.

" You know, after I got the money your boyfriend owed me. I was going to let you go. Now, I will cut you into tiny minuscule pieces and feed them to my dogs."

Summer shivered at his psychotic threats. She was exhausted, it took everything for her to remain conscience. Each occurring time they fed her, they were poisoning her. A migraine pierced her head. Her face no longer possessed the warm golden glow. Instead it was pale and qualmish.

The man's phone buzzed in his pocket.

" Hello? Yes she is here. We got rid of the man. As you wish." his thick accent made his replies barely comprehensible.

He ended the call and resumed his pursuit.

"Well Summer, your time is up." He chuckled

He violently began flipping over everything in the room. One table stood upright. He approached it slowly, with a grimace smile on his face. The wooden floors echoed each step.

"Here you are!" he flipped the table

Nothing.

As he turned to exam the room in disbelief, he noticed a blonde figure leaving the room.

She limped furiously down the hallway. Water leaked from the overhead, pricking her straggly blonde hair. She gripped her ribs as the excruciating pain resonated through her body. Summer prayed helplessly that she would escape the nightmare alive.
Suddenly, the deranged man swung open the door. Summer turned and teared at the sight of her predator.

" Get back here." he yelled

Summer limped faster and more passionately. She encountered a flight of stairs and shuffled up them. Every step she took, awakened a new pain. She noticed a red light on a steel door that read exit.

Demi

Natalie followed behind me as I exited the building. I approached my car and unlocked the door.