Chapter 10: Hearts Grown Cold( Part Two)

Summer

I arise the next morning in Demi's embrace. Slowly moving her arm to the side, I get up and walk into the bathroom. I do my daily morning routine and pick out an outfit to wear. Today is our last day in Destin , and I have a feeling its not going to be such a good one. Being pretty confident Dallas is still pissed. Finished getting ready, I walk into the living room and take a seat on the couch. After a while, everybody else starts to wake up and get ready. Dallas walks into the kitchen slightly rolling her eyes as she glances at me.

"Bitch..." I swear under my breath.

Marissa walks into the kitchen and Demi follows there after. We all eat breakfast awkwardly talking small conversations. Demi occasionally looks up at me; then Dallas. Marissa slowly brings up what we are suppose to do today. We all mumble ideas and decide on Big Kahuna Water Park and snorkeling afterwards.

I clean all the dishes and put on my ensemble, a turquoise and white zebra print bikini covered by, a shredded led zeppelin tee and torn daisy dukes.

Demi

Everyone heads out the door in their oversized sunglasses and big floppy beach hats. We all pile into the limo and head to the water park. Arriving at the Big Kahuna, we point out all the things we must ride. The first thing we decide on is the Sky Coaster. The line is long and the wait is even longer. Of course some people recognize us and its seem our whole time was spent taking pictures and signing autographs. After about fifty minutes and a few skips we get to the gate. 

The ride is in pairs so Sam and I partner together.  We stand at over a hundred feet in the air. Sam lets out a slight yelp and grabs onto my hand. The ride operator gives us a quick debriefing before Sam starts to freak out. I actually have to stop her a few times from trying to leave. She finally gives up and the annoyed operator harnesses us in. The guy counts down from five and drops us before we can get to one. Sam screams so loud causing me to laugh uncontrollably. She holds onto my hands tightly as the swings descends rapidly towards the ground. It jerks back up and her screams prevail once more. After about three minutes the ride is over and slowly ascends to the starting gate. We get off and wait downstairs for Marissa and Dallas.

"Wow that was fucking amazing!!" Sam yells still looking up at the ride.

"Really? I couldn't tell through your obnoxious screaming." I reply sarcastically.

She turns and looks at me with a straight face. I smile letting her know I was joking. She punches me in the arm.

"Ouch! That hurt." I respond rubbing the now sensitive area.

"Good!" she laughs feeling accomplished.

I punch her back in the same place she punched me. Her laughing is halted and she rubs her arm as well.

"Your not suppose to hit a girl"

"I am a girl." I reply confused.

"No....Your the guy in this relationship."

"Since when?"

"Since you decided that combat boots are good shoes for a water park."

I smack at her stupid answer. I brought other shoes okay.

Marissa and Dallas approach us and we head for the next ride.

Sam stays in stride with me and we talk about the gender roles in our relationship softly.

We get to the next ride and get in line.

Since its a water ride everyone strips down to their bikinis. Sam has on this sexy zebra print bikini and can't help but imagine what she would look like without it.

"Where's your bikini?" Marissa questions.

They all turn and look at me.

"Um.. I don't want to ride this." I answer quickly.

I become the human hanger holding their clothes. I wait for them outside the gate. One by one they slide down in screams. Sam comes down first drenched in water. Her then perfect curly hair is now like a wet poodle.

"How come you didn't want to ride babe?" she asks putting her hair in a ponytail.

"Didn't feel like it." I answer curtly.

Marissa and Dallas follow and they all towel themselves off.

We enjoy a few more rides and leave the water park. Sam took some pictures of us and posted them on Twitter. We get in our car and head to our next destination. Little did she know I arranged our first date there.

                                                                 Comment. Vote. Share. Follow.