Chapter 22: Achy Breaky Heart (Part Two: Give Me Love)

Summer

"What are you doing here?" she repeated.

She looked straight at me, eyes narrowed.

"I went out looking for you. I was driving for about an hour, when I noticed your car parked here" I answered quietly.

I never felt so pitiful in my life. The way she looked at me with anger crushed my soul.

"Who is this?" some brunette asked.

She stood behind Demi holding on to her arm. I looked at Demi than the girl. Demi looked down, unsure, I guess to answer her question. I needed to do something; I had to show her that I am not ready to give up on us just yet. So I did, or said, the right thing,

"I'm her girlfriend." I answered timidly

Demi looked at me for a few second in severe astonishment; I even witnessed a slight smile form on her face. As the bedazzled brunette looked at me confused, I reveal a slim smirk in accomplishment.

"Grey this is my girlfriend, Summer." Demi stuttered softly

"Nice to meet you Summer, I'm Sky Grey but everyone just calls me Grey."

"Can you gave us a second?" I asked Grey

"Sure." She said

She left the area, and we took a seat at the bar. Demi bowed her head to avoid eye contact.

"Do I disgust you that much you can't look at me?" I ask

She raised her head slowly revealing eyes full of tears. Still in the same way, she turned her head away from me.

Next, I placed my hand on hers. Sadly, she just pulled away and set them in her jacket pocket.

"I just don't get you Sam. I thought I did but I don't." She stated still staring at the performing act on stage.

What was going through her mind? Why is she hurt so bad?

What did I do?

All questions I wanted to ask but were afraid of the answers.

"Your just really hurt and confused right now that is all." I reasoned.

"No, I'm not Summer. I'm just so through with these mind games that you tend to play to avoid confrontation." she looked at me, then stared away.

"Mind games? I'm just as discombobulated as you are. I didn't plan to be pushed into this relationship I wasn't really ready for yet."