Chapter 13: Homebound

Demi

I awaken with Sam's body entangled in mine. I smiled as her small frame fits perfectly aligned with mine.

Today we depart from our temporary safe haven. I truly enjoyed spending my time here with the people I love. Destin will always have a special place in my heart . For this is the place where Sam and I officially became a couple. Even though I am still unable to express my love for her to everyone, I still look forward to our future together.

I slowly get out the bed trying not to move so much so I won't wake her up. After finishing my daily morning routine, I put on a black tee and jeans with my combat boots. Walking out into the living room, I spot Dallas doing yoga. Since Dallas and Sam had that altercation I haven't really talked to Dallas as much.

She notices me standing there and slowly relaxes on the mat. I smile at her softly not really knowing if we are on good terms. A smile slowly forms on her face as well. Okay this is awkward I think to myself. I've known Dallas long enough to know her moods, but this time I'm dumbfounded. She stares at me like she trying to figure me out. Realizing that we probably have went a couple of minutes just staring at each other; I break the ice.

"Morning Dal." I say while walking into the kitchen.

" Hey D." she replies while jumping up to follow suit.

She sits at the island and watches me scan the refrigerator. I find the things I need and start breakfast.

A couple of minutes past before Dallas says something again.

" Where did you and Sam go last night?" she asks through a smile

Immediately my body tenses up and my face starts to flush. I didn't think to come up with a cover up. They were suppose to be asleep; or so I thought. What if she knew about what all occurred last night? Yea that's right Dal I'm doing your best friend?! That's so awkward.

"Out." I reply curtly

I purposely stay focused on my cooking to avoid eye contact.

Surprisingly she did not respond. She just nodded and proceeded back to her room.

After breakfast, we packed up and headed to the airport. We sat in the lobby for sometime until it was time for us to board. Max met us and carried my bags on the plane. I plopped in my seat next to Summer. She had already claimed the window seat, and me as her pillow. I get comfortable and take a nap to shorten the ride.

We arrive at the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. Immediately the gate is flooded with paps and fans. I look pretty hideous, but I still comply with the request of photos and autographs. Some even ask for photos with Marissa, Sam, and Dal in them. We smile turning our heads simultaneously to face each different camera. Max soon breaks up the photo opportunity so we can leave. We all get in the car and head back to my house.

We are all warmly greeted by my family. Madison runs up and complains on how we should have taken her.

" Maybe next time." I answer softly patting her head like she is five.

"Sure." she groans sarcastically

I swear some times she acts just like Summer. That sarcastic tone I'm so in love with.

My mom made lunch and invites Marissa and Sam to stay over. They agree and we get ready for lunch. Today is Sunday which means in this house it's Cowboys football. Everyone crams into the living room. My dad pulls out the beer and chips. I sit on the couch with Maddie and Marissa.

At about half time we all get washed up for lunch. Dallas helps my mom set the table and we all take our places. I quickly claim my seat next to Summer with Marissa on the other side of me. Dallas sits across from me with Maddie by her side. My parents sit at the ends of the tables. Eddie says the graces and we begin to eat.

We all are eating when I notice Summer hasn't really touched her food. I never seen Summer not eat her food. I slightly nudge her shoulder and ask her what's wrong.

" I'm not really hungry." she answers softly

Due to the fact that we haven't eaten since around eight this morning and its five o'clock worries me. Sam is already really skinny and I know she is stressed about the cheerleading tryouts.

"So how was the trip?" my mom asks us to break my train of thought

You hear a concordance of 'good' and 'great ' from the table. We all take turns explaining something fun we did during the trip. After about five minutes of chatter, my mom gives me the news of Glee. I have already been filming X factor for a couple of months ,and now I get to start Glee! I'm close with most of the cast. I don't exactly know what character I'm going to be playing; but I'm happy I can go back into the acting field again.

After lunch we finish the game, Cowboys won, and I go back in my room.

I was laying down when I heard a knock on the door.

" Come in." I yell; eyed closed.

The door slowly creeks open and I turn to see who it is. A smile forms on my face as I recognize the dirty blonde hair and red lipstick. She closes the door and climbs in the bed next to me. Her head is rested on my chest and fingers playing with my belt loops.

"What are we going to do now?" she sighs deeply

" What do you mean?"

"Our relationship. I mean nobody knows that we're dating but you and I." she sits up and is on the edge on the bed.

I get up and wrap my arm around her waist. I honestly don't know how to answer that. We both are technically still in the closet. Coming out is a big step for me and I don't know how my family, friends, or fans are going to react. I'm sure some of my fans are going to pretty optimistic. However, I'm fucked when it comes to telling Dallas. I place my head on her shoulder.

"When the times comes your telling Dallas." I laugh

" Hell No!" she laughs

We both lay on the bed together.

"I don't mine coming out soon." I mumble unsure of myself.

"When?"

"When the time is right." I answer

"How will you know?" she questions

"I just will."

I'm not sure how I will know.

Two hours later

Dallas dropped Sam off at home,so I'm alone with my thoughts. A called my manager and I start filming Glee tomorrow. I'm still nervous to get in front of the camera. I found out I'm playing a girl named Dani and that's about it. I take a shower and lie in my bed. I wish Sam was here so I can cuddle with someone. I grab my teddy, a souvenir from Destin, and fall asleep thinking about the days ahead.

Authors Note: Okay I know you guys are probably not happy about me not updating in a while. However I have been going through a lot lately and honestly haven't had the time. Anyway I know this chapter suck but please still comment your thoughts.

VOTE COMMENT SHARE FOLLOW