Chapter 21: Achy Breaky Heart (Part One: Honky Tonk)

Demi

During this scene, What hurts the most by Rascal Flatts is playing.

She got in her car and drove. Driving until she had no where else to go. She had no idea where she was headed, she just needed to clear her head.

As the radio softy played, it started to rain, the drops slammed against her windshield. She struggled to see, but kept on driving. Her eyes were filled with tears and her heart was heavy.

She needed her, Demi needed Sam. She made her feel everything; happiness, hope, lust. She made her love after thinking there was nothing else to love. Does she not feel the same way about her?

Demi pulled over at a random bar and got out, not really caring if someone recognized her. Walking in, soaking wet, she took a seat at the bar. Resting her head on the counter, she took a deep breath to recuperate herself.

"Can I get you something?" a soft voice asked

Was she talking to me,Demi thought? Slowly, Demi raised her head, to see a gorgeous brunette looking down at her. Her soft sparkling grey eyes showed worry.

"No. I'm fine, I just needed to regroup myself." She half smiled

Demi stood up to leave, until Sky Grey placed her hand on Demi's.

Sky Grey didn't want the beautiful blonde to leave. She was the only thing that made this Honky Tonk bar not seem so dull.

" You don't have to leave. Stay. Please. Plus the weather is terrible out there." Sky Grey pleaded

Slowly, Demi returned to the heavily vandalized wooden stool. She clicked her fingers against the bar table.

Demi looked over her shoulder, as she had not even examined  this placed

when she had entered. There were some wooden table on the out skirts of the bar, with a dance floor and a small stage placed in the middle. Slow country music played with the small band that was on the stage.

What type of place is this? Demi thought. She turned and looked at Sky Grey then noticed her outfit. A blue jean crop top that ties in the front, displaying her large breasts and sparkling belly button piercing. She also wore some extremely short, ripped, blue jeans shorts. Everything she wore was bedazzled, including her cowboy boots, hat and belt.

Demi laughed at the true cowboy spirit that this place possessed.

Sky Grey noticed Demi's staring and winked letting her know of her seductive staring. Demi's cheeks showed a hint of red, as she cursed herself for her wondering eyes.

"You must have never been to a honky tonk bar." Sky Grey stated

"Nope." Demi replied popping the p.

"Well! My name is Sky Grey, and I am the owner and only bartender of this country slop house." she smiled