Chapter 29: Songbird's Anniversary (Part Two)

A/ N: Had some serious writers block , upon other things.

Summer

I ran into the bathroom and broke down into tears. I wept heavily for no apparent reason. I was so happy right now, why the hell am I crying? My mind fluttered into a flashback that I hoped would never return.

The piano played Fleetwood Mac's, Closing My Eyes as they carried Haley out in a coffin. My dad held my hand tightly while mother sobbed into his shoulder. The miniature casket wore white lilies and a cream color, as the pall bearers walked down the isle.
"My baby, My Haley!" my mother cried out.
I looked up at my father who wore a blank face. He looked pale, and a tear hung from his eye.
"I'm sorry, Daddy." I pleaded
****
"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I sobbed softly.

It's been a while since I've had a flashback about The Situation. They only come when something or someone triggers them. The soft classical melody of Fleetwood Mac must have bought me there.

A loud bang slammed against the bathroom door.

"Summer, please answer the door." Demi pleaded

How long had she been knocking? I stood quickly and wiped my eyes. Opening the door, Demi barged in frantically.

"Is everything okay." she huffed

"I'm fine, now." I simply stated

"Fine? You ran out the room crying."

"I was just a little overwhelmed, that's all." I affirmed

"You sure?" she questioned, cupping my face.

"Pinky Promise." I smiled

"Okay then."

Grabbing my hand, she led me into the living room.

"Well, I think the song got the message across." she chuckled

"Okay, my turn." I added

She took her place on the sofa. I quickly grabbed the small velvet wrapped box.

'Here." I tossed it to her.

"Well, then."

As usual she took all unesscary precautions to unwrap the box. She carefully undid the corners of the wrapping and placed it to the side.

"Damn it, Demi." I hurried

"Okay, Okay." she hushed

The box opened and her painted fingers pulled out a small diamond ring band.

"Awe, it's beautiful! Are you propsing?" she teased

"Yea, sure. It's a promise ring." I informed

"Thanks, Sam; come here." she gestured for me to sit on her lap.

She craddled me with her free arm, as she put the glisting band on her ring finger.

"I do." she laughed, "Thank You." she kissed me.

"Okay, one last gift for now." she added

I slid off her as she retrived a large box from the coat closet.

Opening the box , I pulled out a beautiful light pink dress and a Birkin bag.

"Damn, girl!" I exclaimed

She erupted in laughter.

"You like?" She asked