Ways To Get Out Of Self Harm

In this boring article of mine I would highlight some of the points which may help people to recover from the problem. It is done in the promotion of the campaign nomorescars

1. The first thing that I would like to say is that realise that you have this problem. Without realisation of the problem, nothing can be done to improve.

2. The best way to cope from this problem is to have a positive thinking. According to The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, law of attraction always holds good. If you think positive, only then good will happen to you.

3. Stop thinking about the problems that can't be controlled by you. For example, death of a loved one can't be controlled and so stressing upon it everyday and making yourself miserable will have no use. I may sound insensitive but this is the only way. And if people think that I haven't suffered such thing, the fact is that I have and I am writing this from my own experience.

4. Keep yourself busy. In this way you would not have much time to think about the stressful situation. For example in my case writing helped me to alleviate stress.

5. Remember that nothing is permanent in life. Not even your problems. So have hope.

6. Let go of people who don't cherish your presence or the people who left. You would eventually meet new people and make new memories with them.

7. Save yourself from the 'Log Kya kahenge' syndrome. You don't have to freak out your life thinking what would the others think about you. Let them think what they want to and you focus on your work. This is one of the main reasons why people are afraid to seek professional help.

8. Don't let the opposite sex compromise your happiness and lead you to self harm. Break up with your boyfriend or girlfriend is not the end of everything and you would eventually fall in love with someone else. What happens, happens for a reason.

9. Involve in Physical activities and combative sports if you can't express your frustration. They are a great way to channelise your anger.

10. A technique which I use to calm myself down is that I use, when I get frustrated, I go to washroom and speak in front of the mirror what I am feeling. Slowly my anger starts dying.

Hope it helps. Be happy