Suicides

Pratyusha Banerjee suicide. The case that has gained highlight of all the news channels. But I wrote this article to sensitise the people, rather than sensationalise the problem.

What our media and many of her friends are doing, simply comes under sensationalising and gaining something out of it. We all are mature enough to understand what something do I imply. We have character assassinated that young lady so much that I feel angered. Try to keep yourself in her shoes. Would you like to get your every personal detail out in the media? No. The limit was when her WhatsApp conversation with her friend was leaked. We all talk to our friends, sharing our good and bad, and sometimes we write things in the rush of the moment. No one would surely like his or her personal conversation to be leaked out in that way after they die.

Another example to prove my point. We all know the Aarushi murder case. When the police was not gaining any lead, the media leaked out her private messages with boys to the world. Who gave you the right to do that? Every one is entitled to have some things concealed from the world.

The images of Pratyusha's last journey was revealed on the social media. Why? Can't we avoid media glare and let that girl die peacefully? It is totally insensitive.

The rumours about Pratyusha a afloat and every day I read a new one. Until an unless something is confirmed, can't we wait to upload on social media? People including me have a tendency to pry open others affairs but will all that bring her back? No. Creating gossip about someone's death is not cool. It is shameful. Pratyusha's friends come with new thing to tell everyday. Now let me ask them a question, if you knew that she was facing problems with her boyfriend, why didn't you come forward to help her?

Now let me give you a real life example. When my best friend expired two years ago, we were initially not able to determine whether it was an accident or a suicide. Baseless rumours began to spread so quickly like forest fires and many of them demeaned him. In his case, first they spread a fictitious story of accidentally falling off from the roof of his house. Then I heard that he killed himself for a girl which was not true. They showed an innocent girl who rejected his proposal two months ago in a bad light. How would a fourteen year old girl feel when she is blamed for her classmate's death? These people did not imagine. Then came various others and one or two people said that his parents murdered him. At least think before you speak. What I am trying to imply by this example is that media shows only what people want to see. The story that I wrote before shows the uncomprehending attitude of the people about suicide. Believe me all of the things written above are a harsh reality.

What I want to say in all is a very simple thing. Instead of sensationalising, sensitise the people. Try to find out the reason why she did this and learn from this incident. We cannot bring her back but we can at least prevent others from doing this.