I Am Beautiful

What is beauty? Is it just a good face, a good height or a zero figure? No it is not. It is not those ideals of beauty that Instagram and Facebook posts promote. It is not that which lifestyle channels promote.

True beauty is what you are from inside. When I was younger, I had to bear a lot of insulting remarks from my mates due to my height like "Drink Complan to increase height", "You are a dwarf " and blah and blah. At one point even my dad was scared to praise someone who has a good height in front of me. He thought that I would get an inferiority complex. But I didn't care ever. The same people who teased me, later came to me for help and I gladly helped them.

When we had the scribbling day, the things written in my shirt were not related to my height but rather they were about my nature.

What I want to show is that people at the end of the day, people remember your nature, not your face, body and height. Having a good face can give you an edge, but if you don't have the intelligence to support it, you will be termed as a bimbo.

Many girls that I know give prime importance to a guy's looks before his intelligence or intellect. To them my clear message is makeup, dressing sense and grooming can improve the looks but intelligence and intellect are the things that actually matter.

Fitness is an important thing and I don't recommend being obese, but why does every other guy want a six pack abs like their favourite hero and girls the zero size figure like their favourite heroine? Will it help them become successful in life, love and marriage? Definitely no. We care about external grooming but internal grooming goes into rubble for many.

Successful people are not good looking but it is their vision and leadership that makes them special and beautiful. Narendra Modi, Adolf Hitler, Mahatma Gandhi, APJ Abdul Kalam, Mother Teresa, Malala Yousufzai are not the most good looking people but what they have achieved is not related to their looks.

Recently in the Lakme Fashion Week, Bharti, the comedian became the show stopper and she looked more beautiful than any of the skinny zero size model there. Stop that body shaming. It is not your clothes that make you look beautiful, it is your confidence with which you carry them that makes you stand out from the crowd.

Many girls including me are beautiful because we have an intelligence and intellect. We know how to deal with problems rationally and come out with good solutions. We have the guts to speak what we think.

Remember that real people are not perfect and perfect people are not real.