Annoying People On Wattpad

Disclaimer or caution or whatever you want to understand : All of the things written in this article are my personal feelings and it may be possible that you don't agree with it. So no hate comments. Hate comments would not be tolerated.

Wattpad is a platform which allows us to showcase our writing talents as well as to connect and make friends. But still there are some annoying things and people on Wattpad which made me write this. So here I am boring you all with my useless rant:-

1. Blank bio: Just like a book is judged by its cover, so a person on Wattpad is judged by his or her bio. When I look at a person who doesn't have anything on his or her bio, two things come to my mind. Either the person is too lazy or too haughty. Also having an interesting bio makes the process of friendship easier, since you both can discuss something out of the bio into PM and message board. For example, I didn't see Mauli's work first, rather I read her bio and found out that we both had same interests and so I made a move and discussed that. It was after this that I read her work.

2. Reading requests everywhere: You understood by the title actually. Most of the writers including me do send a reading request to some people and I don't have a problem with that, but at least look whether the person takes reading requests or not. For example, I recently wrote that I don't take reading requests but still some stupid people continued to send me reading requests. If your work is good, definitely it would be noticed by some people who would promote it to others. So don't send too many reading requests.

3. No vote, no update: I have seen many popular authors doing that. It basically means that you blackmail your readers that if I don't get specific number of votes and comments on my story I will not update. Do you write only for votes and comments? And secondly are you Jeffrey
Archer or Dan Brown that I should bear your blackmailing in order to read the next chapter? If someone writes this message I directly say a bye bye to the novel there and then. If you feel that your novel is not gaining the required support then you can tell your problem to the readers but please don't blackmail them because they are doing a favour on you by reading your book. I wrote Sorry Not An Update in The Hardest Choice to check my fan base and secondly to question reader's taste for repetitive novels, not to blackmail the readers.

4. Pestering for covers: There are some people who constantly message the cover maker every hour asking for the cover. Please wait for a week at least because cover making is a thing of effort and it irritates the cover makers as heck. Also don't ask more than two cover makers at the same time because it is insulting for the cover makers.

5. Creeps on Wattpad: There are some perverted males and females who send messages of sexual connotation to every other guy or gal. For example I read that a girl wrote on a guy's message board that you look so good, I wonder how you would be on bed. Now guys that is gross.

Next five things would be updated in the next article.