Is Dressing Responsible For Rapes

A lot of time it is said that modern dressing is responsible for rapes. Many people say that rapes happen only in India(India here signifies modernity) and not in Bharat(Bharat here means the rural India). But are we ignoring the bigger problem that are causing rape by focusing on a girl's dress? I have uploaded my picture in this chapter wearing a short dress. How many of the people think that my dress is inviting people for rape? Even if you think it does, do comment on it.

The answer of the above question is a single syllable, no. No dress invites any guy to rape, it is that guy's sick mentality that provokes him for raping a girl. I ask these people, why are all girls not raped on beaches of other countries, even if they wear a bikini? Bikini is the most provoking dress according to such people. It exposes a lot. The answer to this is that firstly, they respect girls and secondly, the law enforcement is better. Girls can get raped even if they wear a hijab or come out of a house wearing a burkha. And it happens in reality. A girl who wears only suits and sarees also gets raped. Girls do get raped in rural areas. Rapes happen among family members as well. Also my question to the people is then why male rapes are happening and increasing every year? Now don't tell me that males were wearing provocative dress. Why are people raping children who are not even two years old?

What we should do instead of slut shaming the victim and her dress is to teach the men and boys of the family to treat women with respect, to treat them as a asset rather than as a liability, to stop treating them as objects. Instead of teaching girls how to dress, teach your guy to treat girls as their own sisters. There's no excuse for a pervert mentality. Teach guys to empathise with girls, think if they were in the position of that girl.

Only recently, I went to see a badminton match in stadium, wearing a jeans, sweater are and a half jacket and was engrossed in watching the match when a guy started to touch me inappropriately. Finally I swapped places with my dad. But the experience was humiliating. Now tell me, was my dressing responsible for getting me in the problem? No.

In all my advice is to stop beating about the bush and accept that rapes primarily happen because of sick mentalities.