Don't Limit Rapes To Gender

Hello, Salaam, Namaste, Ni Hao, Konnichiwa, Bonjour. So I am finally back after two months from my writing hiatus.

Whenever we come across the word rape, what is the thing that comes to our mind? A female being raped by some ruthless males. But what if I say that the picture may be different? What if I say that female can rape a male? Seems unbelievable, isn't it? But sadly it is also a harsh truth.

I was recently been doing a research on some other topic when I found out about this one. When I read about the cases, it was horrifying. Let me share with you all some of them.

1. A child of class 4 was raped by his own grandmother, and she blackmailed him that if he ever shared this with anyone, she would claim that he had raped her.

2. A guy went along with his friends to a party, he took a drink, and the next day he found himself at a bed naked and the girl had ran away.

3. A girl wanted to have sex with her boyfriend. Sounds normal, isn't it? But the guy didn't want to do the deed. So the girl forced him to do it, saying that if he didn't do it, she would claim that he was raping her.

4. A guy went to a party on invitation , not knowing that it was a gay party. He tried to run away but he was raped by some horny males.

Often male rapes are much less reported than female rapes since people don't take it seriously. Many consider the guy to be stud, that he is approached by the gal to do it. The so called masculinity, comes as a major obstacle in dealing with the problem as because of this many aren't even ready to accept the fact that they have been raped. Males aren't that harmed physically, but mentally, they suffer as much harm as a female does. And quite often, they need to get proper psychological counselling to get back to normal life.

Rape is rape. Gender doesn't matter. The person who does it is not a stud, he or she is a criminal. A no is a no. It does not mean yes in any way. Please stop this victim shaming and give them proper support that they require to get out of the nightmare. In the end I would like to leave with a line said by one of my closest friend, 'When laws against rapes are strict for a particular gender, that gender takes advantage too.'