Money Is Not Everything (Article)

I know that I had written my poetry on this topic only, but there were things which I wasn't able to say in it and secondly one of my friends wanted to see my philosophical side, so I updated it.

We humans have the habit of asking for more all the time. We are never satisfied with what we have. Same is the case with money. We have now associated money with prestige and happiness. But we need to ask ourselves, do we need to have millions of dollars in our bank account for being happy, for having a good quality of life? I am sure we all don't need money for that. And talking about prestige, what would you do of that prestige when you are about to die? Where would this status symbol go when you don't have family and friends around you?

Ever since we are born we face this thing. When a boy is born, the family is very happy, thinking that he would earn more money than us and increase our status. But when a girl is born, nothing of such sort happens. In fact people are not even glad to hear that a girl is born. After all, having a boy child leads to increase in social status. When we have to admit our child even to play school, we see the brand name before anything. After all what will we answer, when some relatives ask this question. Our status symbol will decrease.

Take another example, that's of mobile phone. Many of us want the latest iPhone 6 or 7. We go and buy it even without comparing it with other phones in the market. After all, Apple is a brand name and we keep running for the brand names right?

We just forget that our favourite moments of life are not because of money. The pee-your-pants type of laughter that you get after enjoying with friends is incomparable with the material happiness that money gives. What would you prefer, a day with millions of dollars or a day out with friends and family?

Remember that wishes are infinite. Once you get Maruti 800, you desire for more, if you get more, your desires increase. So we need to know where to put a full stop to our desires. We need to have a feeling of content.