Some Cliché Of High School Novels

The novels with High School as a background. All of us must have read it and some of us adore the characters. Some points have been taken from my friend @trueathenian. Thanks to him as well.

Let me start with the clichés. Dhol nagada please.

1. Firstly the heroine is always a blonde. May I know why? American or British girls can have hair of other colours as well. They can have brunette, ginger red or black hair. I would really like to read something different. No offense to blonde girls though.

2. The heroine is always a nerd and the school's most intelligent person. A bookworm to be more precise. It would be really fun to read a dumbass girl or an average girl or even an above average girl.

3. The heroine always body shames herself at the start, saying that she has this kind of eyes, nose and blah and blah. But the hero thinks differently. She actually has a problem of low self esteem and before writing a novel on her, take her for counselling.

4. Now let me come to my favourite part, the Bad Boy. Well, as we all know, the Nerd always falls in love with a bad boy. Oh! I leaked the whole suspense? I don't give a damn. First of all do Wattpad authors even know what a bad boy means? I suppose no. So let me enlighten them. It means a boy who is not in a good company. Bad boy is not someone who deals with drugs, or sleeps with a new girl every day or is involved in human trafficking.

Secondly your bad boy character also needs to undergo a psychologist for counselling before writing a novel, since in these novels he matches a lot of symptoms of Bipolar disorder and depression like trouble falling asleep, impulsive, lack of concentration, excessive desire for sex, rapid change of moods e.t.c.

Your hero doesn't need to be a bad boy at all. It would be fun to read the love story of a boy who is too shy to approach a girl. Or a decent guy with a decent girl.

5. What most of the Wattpad authors produce is a fuck boy instead of a bad boy. Most of the girls drool on this guy and many of them have sex with him even though they know that they will be heartbroken at the end of the day. Girls are not fools. They have got a lot of brains, more than the Wattpad authors think. Plus a lot of control over their hormones. In reality, not many girls will be willing to have sex with such kind of guy.

6. Now comes my second favourite character, the lead cheerleader (note my sarcasm when I say favourite) who picks on the lead character of the novel for no freaking good reason. She has some clichéd name like Britney, Tiffany or Stacey. She and her popular girls group has probably nothing good to do than to bitch and irritate other people or to throw herself on the bad boy. I would like to say that eliminate this character. Like now. She is not needed.

7. The girl and the bad boy get paired up for a project. Almost in all such novels I have read this shit. What do authors take school as? A dating place? Be creative.

8. Parties. It is where the hero gets high on alcohol and screws up a girl and a person tries to fuck up our naive heroine. Even though our hero is busy having sex, but still he comes to save the heroine. Let me tell people the problems with it now. First of all romanticising forced sex. Secondly underage drinking. How come the neighbours remain silent? It is a miracle.

9. Why do all the Indian high school novels are based in Mumbai? I know Mumbai is a great city, but schooling happens in other parts of India, not only Mumbai.

10. OK the story is based on a Junior College in Mumbai. The hero and the heroine always bunk classes and are rather found to be watching movies and dating. From when Indian parents started giving so much freedom? Plus are you guys trying to treat college and studies as a joke? Please do respect the sanctity of education.