Better Place by Rachel Platten

I know it's not a worship song but it is a beautiful, wholesome song and I want you to watch the music video.

Too often, we might get too caught up doing our own thing and forget to make our loved ones feel loved. There may be times when we feel awkward to hug our parents or tell them how much we love them. Or maybe sometimes we think it's embarrassing when they make jokes in front of our friends.  But guess what?  God isn't happy when we take these people for granted.

One thing that always makes me emotional is a memory from I guess three and a half years ago. I was at the phase of hoarding books and I would stack my books in a box because I didn't have my own book shelf. My parents wanted to buy me one but the ones in our city were so expensive and couldn't fit our budget. They went to another city just to get me a secondhand one that's not expensive. On the way home, they rode a small bus lugging the huge bookshelf which was super heavy until they got home. I was at the rebellious phase at that time and would say the meanest things to my parents and complain about everything. There were times when they would bring me somewhere to eat and they wouldn't order anything because the money they had was enough for only one meal for me.  I'm so glad I now became Christian because I got to realize how grateful I am that God gave them to me and I get to make them feel how much I love them.

If your relationship with Him becomes deeper then your relationship with the people around you must also get better. So while you still have the chance to make them feel loved, don't squander it. Yes, we have misunderstandings and arguments every once in a while, but let's not forget how God sent them to us to make every day brighter.

When you listened to the song, who are the first few people you were reminded of? I hope you express your love for them better starting today.