To the depressed, the hopeless, the empty, the broken, the slave to sin

My Child,

I see you. I see you walking along that alley, feeling empty. I see you living your life thinking that it has no direction. I see you indulging in things that actually harm you. I know that longing in your heart for something that you couldn't pinpoint. I can read your thoughts and I get so hurt doing so. Thoughts of overdosing yourself on drugs, thoughts of insecurities, thoughts of lust, thoughts of self-harm -trust me, I know everything going on in your life right now. 

You may feel like I am not listening to your prayers -but I am. I might not answer right away, but remember this: I know the plans I have for you -plans to prosper you and not to hurt you, plans to give you hope and a future. I know that right now you are confused, you feel like there's a huge weight in your heart right now. But be still and know that I am God. I am your Father and I love you -so much more than you will ever know. Right now, you may not understand why you have to go through these things but someday you will. I have a divine purpose for every single thing that has happened, that is happening and that is about to happen in your life.

And don't let the lies creep in your mind. You're not a failure. You are beautiful and  it breaks my heart whenever you dwell way too much on your flaws. You think you're not special, you're a freak, an embarrassment, unloved, incapable, you're not happy with who you are -but I tell you this: you are holy, righteous and redeemed. My hands made you to be wonderful and capable of doing all things. You are more than a conqueror.

I see you. I see you standing on the side of the bridge, about to throw yourself down there to end all the misery. But hear my voice and feel my love. You may feel like your life is hanging on a piece of string, but let me be your refuge and your shield. Everyday, you are actually winning battles you do not know you are facing. And I am protecting you and guiding you everyday. 

My will for your life is pleasing and perfect. I am able to do exceedingly, abundantly than what you could ever ask for. I am going to let breakthroughs, favors and miracles unfold in your life. I am going to use you in amazing ways. Right now, I am molding you everyday. It might be difficult but I am with you no matter what.

I am knocking into your heart. I want to draw you closer to Me.  I want you to trust me that I am going to take all matters into my own hands. I want you to know that what this world offers is nothing compared to my promises for you. You are forgiven. You are strong. I love you more than you will ever know.

Sincerely,

God

------------------------------

Author's Note:

God knows what you are doing and God knows your heart. I remember reading the bible one night and being led to a verse. It was Isaiah 30:19. I felt the need to send it to a sister in Christ but was kind of doubtful about it. I stayed up until almost 2 am feeling restless because I felt like I really had to send it. So I did and then I drifted off to sleep. A few days later, I saw her again after not seeing her for a month. She said the verse really spoke to her because before she read it, she was crying so hard in her room and God's word brought her so much comfort.  The verse says this, "For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem: thou shalt weep no more: he will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when he shall hear it, he will answer thee."

Also, I believe God wants to give you an assurance through this chapter. Two days ago as I was praying and worshipping, God gave me a vision. In the vision, some people were walking in really dark places. They were sinking in sin, they forgot their worth. They were finding "relief" in things that only worsened their situation. One decided to go on the bridge to commit suicide and as he was about to jump off, a lightning appeared in the sky. For some reason, he decided to not jump off the bridge. The next scene, he was right there on a podium, with huge rays of the sun behind him. He was boldly sharing about God.People were listening. God has a plan for his life. He was about to jump off the bridge but was saved because God wanted to use him in mighty ways. I believe this guy represents many people who have dark pasts, but are now saved and will be used in mighty ways.

I looked up some verses which I believe show the symbolism behind the sun rays and the lightning:

>Sun Rays

 " His brightness was like the light; rays flashed from his hand; and there he veiled his power. "   -Habakkuk 3:4

  "But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its rays. And you will go out and frolic like well-fed calves. "-Malachi 4:2

 >Lightning

  "Under the whole heaven He lets it loose, And His lightning to the ends of the earth."-Job 37:3

  "His lightnings lit up the world; The earth saw and trembled. "-Psalm 97:4

-------------------------------------------------------

God be with you!

-Marielle <3