If Jesus died for our sins, then why is it that many still go to hell?

The question above confused me for a long time until I, for the nth time, came across the most popular bible verse, John 3:16:

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Take note: "whoever believes in Him."

 This means that although Jesus died for EVERYONE'S sins*, only those who believe in Him and accept Him will be given eternal life.

REMEMBER: Everyone of us is offered the salvation but it depends on us if we are willing to accept it. God gave us the freedom to choose and I hope we all make the right decision to choose to get saved.

So if you're reading this, and still haven't accepted Jesus in your heart, then say this prayer with all your heart:

Lord, thank You for dying on the cross to save us. I know that I am a sinner and I do not deserve salvation but thank You for giving me the chance. Your love is so unconditional and beautiful. I now accept you as my Lord and Savior and I surrender my life to You. Thank You, Lord for I am now cleansed and I am now saved. I am nothing without You and I need You in my life. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Congratulations! You are now saved :)))

  God has a message for you coming from 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come,"   

The "old things" refers to your dark past, your sins, and your enslavement to worldly desires. But thank God, these things are now erased! You are now born again, you are now a new creation.

According to God in John 8:36: "If the son sets you free, then you will be free indeed." This means that Jesus has set you free and you are now freed from your sinful past and the worldly things that you had once been a slave in the past. Yay!!!!!!

Now if you have some loved ones in mind who have not yet accepted Jesus in their hearts, pray for them. If you truly care about them, you surely do not want them to go to hell. So before it's too late, tell them about Jesus. Sure it'll be hard at first but God will soften their hearts and the outcome will amaze you.

Another thing I'd like to make clear is that our works will not guarantee us our one-way trip to heaven because we will never be able to obey God perfectly. This is the reason why Jesus had to die -He was the only man who did not sin. He had to face so much pain just so we, who follow Him, wouldn't go to hell. Many people think going to church will save them, not knowing that only Christ will. 

BUT YAY FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOW SAVED!!!!

However, we should never abuse God's grace. Even if you say that you are a Christian but still go on with your wicked ways, then are you sure you are actually in Christ? NOPE. Sure you're human and blah blah blah but.....

Now that you are in Christ, you are no longer your own but it is now the Holy Spirit that dwells in you!

It doesn't mean that just because you have now accepted Jesus in your life, you could just go around do all sorts of worldly stuff.

Romans 6:15 "What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be!" 

In John 2:4-6: "The one who says, 'I have come to know Him,' and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; 5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: 6 the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked,"

 In a nutshell, we are all trusting Jesus for our salvation by faith. When we trust Jesus, the Holy Spirit dwells among us. The Holy Spirit convicts of sin, righteousness and judgement. Therefore, we now want to seek God and avoid sin. This is what happens when we accept Jesus into our lives.

THANK YOU, LORD JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*2 Corinthians 5:15 : And he died for ALL that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

A/N: Tbh, I tried to accept Jesus in my life twice before the third time when I actually experienced something. Probably, the reason why it didn't take effect is because I didn't really trust Jesus and only did it because I felt like I should because people did it. But on the third time, WOW MY LIFE JUST CHANGED. AT FIRST THE CHANGE WASN'T THAT RECOGNIZABLE BUT AFTER SOME TIME, AWESOME THINGS HAPPENED AND JUST WOW. GOD'S PLANS FOR YOU ARE JUST ASDFGHJKLOUDGNSRFRTJTYRESFFVS.  GOD JUST AMAZES ME. 

O MY GOD, I LOOOOVEEE YOU!!!!!!! (btw, I am NOT USING GOD'S NAME IN VAIN/ WITHOUT PURPOSE. I am TELLING MY GOD THAT I LOVE HIM JUST IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING)

P.S. When you accept Jesus, accept Him with all your heart<3

HONOR GOD, MAKE DISCIPLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTWOOOOOOOOOTWOOOOOOT

*POPS CONFETTI AND PRAISES GOD LIKE CRAZY*

-MARIELLE

BTW, Thanks to those who are commenting! I'm glad you all have a heart for God <3