realizations over the past few weeks

I have to be pretty honest with you about something, it's that lately, there have been days when I have been dealing with(and by God's grace, now overcoming) jealousy, insecurity and all sorts of lies from the enemy.

God made me come across a video from a YouTube channel called Girl Defined (and I forgot it's title, but I'll post it above if I could find it), a few tweets that spoke to me, a devotional with the members of the music team and just some random thoughts that just made me realize how wrong it was to pity myself. These are two of the realizations I have made:

1.) It's not about how "good" you are.

Joining the worship ministry is such a privilege for me, but  most of the time, I feel insecure because I don't know how to harmonize, match the key, I don't have strong vocals and whatnot.

But the video from Girl Defined spoke to me and what one of the girls in the video said is:

"You should point people to the cross and not to you."

You see, if you focus more on your skill rather than on honoring God then that's pathetic. I asked myself, 'What really is my purpose in life? To fish for compliments or to honor Him?"

The goal is to bring people closer to Him and not make them praise you. He is the One who deserves all praise, y'know.

So now, I'm just asking the Holy Spirit's guidance to help me have a heart of worship to honor Him.

God cares more about one's heart rather than on one's skill. The image below which I found from Bing (my laptop has no Google hehe) basically talks about how useless it is to have many abilities yet have no heart for God and also for people.

 The image below which I found from Bing (my laptop has no Google hehe) basically talks about how useless it is to have many abilities yet have no heart for God and also for people

Even if your voice sounds so bad, if you sing to the Lord because you want to honor Him, then He is pleased. You are the apple of His eye and He loves it so much when you come humbly before Him.

2.) Focus more on what is eternal.

All those compliments from those selfies really won't last forever.

Focus more on seeking Him. Followers, likes and retweets are temporal but Jesus is eternal.

Our society today gives so much emphasis on the physical, which is so sad.

But I want us to remember this tweet which I found on one Christian account, and that is:

"Make a beautiful heart be your best asset."

A beautiful face  can make others drool, but a beautiful heart could change someone's life and above all, reflect Christ.

Let's not live our lives trying to look like those stunning super models, let's our lives in such a way that will make others want to know Christ.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God bless you!