Holding onto you

The next day I went to Hollis for a poetry class that I'm taking just to see Ezra. I pass his office fast but he still saw me.
"Aria" he called. I turned and entered the office.
"Hey" I greeted him
"I'm not mad at you, I'm just frustrated because I want to go to a restaurant and hold your hand or even go out with you would be great" I blurted out and gave him a sad look.
"Ok I promise we will start dipping our toes in the pool" he pulled me to his desk and is at on his lap.
"We will start with my parents" I told him
"Aria that's like a canon ball" he looked at me in disbelief.
"I don't care" I smiled.
"Who was that guy you were talking to yesterday?" He asked me
"Jason Dilaurentis, Alison's brother" I told him. I stood up.
"I have to go or I'll be late" I told him and gave him a kiss then left. I headed down the hall and into the class. The teacher gave me an apron. I looked around then I saw Jenna Marshall.
"Crap" I whisper to myself. The class starts. I'm having a hard time so a cute guy helps me. I wish I could do something like this with Ezra. Something romantic and not in his apartment. I fantasize.
A few hours later I'm at home reading a book. My parents were fighting. They always are. It's annoying and it's always about Mike, they don't even know about him breaking and entering yet. I couldn't take their yelling. I got up and left the house. I went to the bakery down the street called lucky Leon's. I bought a box of brownies, then left the bakery and went over to Jason's house. I took the box and knocked on the door. He opened the door, with a tank top and basket ball shorts on.
"Aria hey, what's up?" He asked
"You looked really upset yesterday, so I thought brownies might help" I smiled at him
" also I need to get out of the house beaus rid my parents fighting" I still smiled at him.
"Thanks, come in" he let me in. I walked inside.
"Do you want anything, tea or coffee?" He asked me, as we walked to the kitchen.
"Coffee would be great" I answered and he started making coffee.
"How are you" he asked me
"Ok I guess" I sat at the counter
"Just ok?" He asked
"Yeah, my brother has been out of it, you know that, my parents are fighting, my boyfriend is complicated, and a bunch of other stuff that I really can't mention" I sighed
" I get it, the past year and a half hasn't been that fun for any of us" he gave me a mug with coffee.
"Do you miss her?" I ask him "do you miss Alison?" I ask
"Of course, we might have fought a lot and she may have hated me and at times I didn't like her, but she was still my sister" he looked at me straight in the eyes.
"Let's not talk about that" he said.
"So why did you come back to rosewood?" I asked him and took a sip of the coffee
"I needed some answers, and the only way to get them is to go to the root of it all" he answered as he looked around the house
"Did you find anything?" I asked
"Yeah a box" he told me
"What's in it?" I asked
"I'm not trying to be nosy" I clarified and he laughed softly
"You aren't nosy, it's just a bunch of girl stuff" he replied
"Oh ok" I replied
"Does that disappoint you?" He laughed
"No, are you making fun of me?" I laugh too.
"No... Just a little" he continued to laugh and so did I.
"You should smile more often, you have a nice smile" I smiled at him.
"It's hard to smile when you aren't happy" he told me
"Yeah, but you just smiled?" I asked
"Aria, many people think I'm weird, creepy and mysterious, so they don't bother with me, how could I smile if no one is around to make me" he told me and looked in my brown eyes.
"Alison always told us stuff about you, but half of it wasn't true, right?" I asked him
"I was an alcoholic, but I never hurt anyone, and I never hurt her." He told me.
"You tried to hurt yourself through" I muttered to him
"How do you know that" he asked confused. I held back tears, thinking about it.

Flash back

I walked down the stairs to get snacks for the girls and I. I came around the corner and heard someone crying.
"Fucking idiot" I heard the person cry. I walked into the kitchen and saw Jason on the floor, with a knife in his hand, and both his wrist bleeding heavily. My eyes widened. I rushed to him.
"Jason, what are you doing" I panicked
"Doing the world a favor" he replied.
"Alison!!!" I scream. I started crying if the sight of seeing Jason like this. Alison came down the stairs calmly. I called 911. I rushed over to her in the stairs.
"What are you doing, who are you calling, why the hell are you crying?" She asked with attitude.
"Jason....Jason...J-J-Jason" I couldn't even get the words out. I pointed to where he was. Alison walked in and screamed.
"Jason!" She yelled
"My parents aren't home" she panicked.
"Hello 911 operator how can I help you?" I heard on the other line of the phone
"Hello, we need help, my friend tried to kill himself" I cried into the phone.
"Ok ambulance is on its way" the operator said and hung up. Before long the ambulance took Jason.

End of flashback

"Hello Aria, how'd you know that?" He asked again. I started crying
"I was there, I called 911, I found you on the kitchen floor, right there" I pointed to the spot next to the fridge.
"Oh my god Aria I'm so sorry" he hugged me.
"I didn't mean for you or anyone to find me, I thought you guys would be in Ali's room all night" he told me
"But Jason" I pull away "if I didn't find you, you wouldn't be sitting here with me right now" I stared into his beautiful green eyes.
"Right" he put his head down.
"It's late, I have to go home" I grabbed my phone and headed for the door.
"Aria wait" Jason called me. I turned
"Thanks for stopping by, you were what I needed" he smiled at me a little bit. I smiled at him. And then I left. I went home, my parents weren't fighting anymore and the house was silent.