Empire

1 and a half years later
Arias POV

I was at work. My boss called a meeting and everyone but me and Liam went in. It wasn't for us. No one there knows about us, I guess I like secret relationships. Liam and I just sat together and worked and talked. I was about to leave anyway for a meeting at a book store. Liam kissed me and I left. I got in my car and left to the meeting.
I entered the building. I shook everyone's hands and sat down. The meeting was boring, as usual. I sat there and shook my head when everyone else did and nodded when everyone else did. Once the meeting ended, I went home. I got my mail and walked inside. I put my bag down and looked through my mail. I had mail that wasn't bills. I opened the envelope.
Dear Aria,
It's been a while, but I need your help. I am asking if you and the other girls would come home, to rosewood, to testify that Charlotte can be free and that you trust her. I wrote to you in a letter because I wanted you to know how much I need you to help me. I want you to touch the paper I touched and read the words I wrote. I also really miss you and would appreciate it. The trial is in 5 days
Love,
Alison

Charlotte could be set free. I'm shocked. I should go. I pulled out my phone and texted Alison saying I would go. I hope the others go too. I dialed Spencer's with phone number. I hope she hasn't changed it.
      "Hello?" I heard
      "Hello Spencer?" I checked to make sure it was her
       "Yes who is this" she asked formally
       "It's Aria Montgomery" I said.
       "Oh my god Aria! How are you?" She ask all happy
         "I'm doing well, I'm calling to ask if you got a letter from Alison too?" I asked her
          "Yeah I did, are you going?" She asked me
          "Yeah, I told her I would" I told Spencer
          "Ok good I answered yes too" she said
           "What are we going to say?" I asked
           "Just say we trust her I guess" Spencer said
          "So lie?" I asked
           "It depends on how you feel, I don't completely trust her but I trust her enough for her to roam free" Spencer answered me. Then Liam walked through my front door.
"Oh Spencer I gotta go, see you in 3 days" I told her and hung up. Liam gave me a kiss when I got off the phone.
"How was the meeting?" He asked me
"Boring, I do t even know what it was for" I laughed and he started taking dinner out of the bag. We sat down and ate
"So on Friday, I have to go to Rosewood PA" I told him and he looked at me with curiosity and worry.
"Ali wants us back to help her with something" I told him
"While you are there, you should get the first 7 chapters from Fitz" he said
"Why?" I asked
"Because he hasn't sent them in yet and he said he would send them 2 weeks ago" Liam answered
"Ok I'll try" I replied and continued eating.

Friday

I got in my car and drove to the train station. I got my bag and went and sat in the train. I sat there and listened to music and stared out the window. It was a long, long train ride. I was nervous. I haven't been in rosewood in a long time.
The train came to a stop at rosewood train station. I got off the train and got a cab to the brew. I waited there for the girls. We were meeting here, like old times. Why was I so nervous. Then suddenly I saw a tall dark haired girl walk in. She had bangs and a long coat. I stood up realizing it was Spencer. She turned around and I ran over to her and gave her a huge hug.
"Oh my god Spencer! You have bangs!" I squealed
"Oh my god Aria, you're still tiny" she smiled and I laughed. We sat on the couch and Emily and Hanna arrived shortly after. I was happy.
"Hanna let me see that ring" I said and Hanna showed me her hand. I looked at it an jokily said
"It looked bigger on face book" she laughed
"So how is Liam" Emily asked me
"Adorable, and he hates when I say that" I laughed
"How about Spencer, is spencer with anyone?" Hanna looked at her
"Spencer is too busy to date" Spencer answered. We spent the rest of the time talking and laughing. The time came where we had to leave for the hearing.
That nervous feeling returned in my stomach. I entered the room and thought about what to say. I went over to Alison and gave her a hug.
"Aria how are you?" She asked and smiled
"I'm good, are you Dr. Rollins?" I asked the man next to her
"Yes, nice to meet you" he shook my hand.
       "Nice to meet you too" I smiled and then took a seat with Hanna. The judge listened to us individually. I was next. I was nervous. I sat at the table in front of the judge.
         "Charlotte has made great progress, Alison has told me a lot that she isn't harmful and that dr. Rollins-" the judge cut me off
           "Ms. Montgomery, I know these facts, I'm asking for your opinion" the judge stared me down and all I could think about is what Charlotte did and when she shot me two years ago, and killed my baby.
             "I don't trust Charlotte Dilaurentis, I don't want her walking the streets, she has harmed me and the girls and other people so much. If the others are comfortable with it, that's fine but this is my opinion" I told the judge with tears rolling down my face. I heard Ali sigh, not in anger but in sadness. I turned and looked at everyone than left the room. I sat in the hall and just let my mind run.

   Hours later Spencer and I walked into the Radley which was now a hotel. We were all meeting for drinks. We all sat together and ordered drinks. We all got a text at that moment. Non of us panicked though.
       "It's from Ali, 'Charlotte is aloud to leave the hospital tonight, thanks guys'" I read the text.
         "We had to lie for Ali just one last time" Spencer raised her glass
        "To Charlotte" she said
        "To Charlotte" we all repeated and then sipped our drinks. We had a fun night catching up and Spencer got drunk, actually we all were drunk.

   I woke up the next morning in hanna's hotel room with the others. I had a hangover. I sat up and looked at my phone. I had a missed call from Alison. I dialed her number and it rang and she picked up fast
     "Hey Ali" I said
     "Aria, have you seen Charlotte? She's missing! She was here last night and gone now" Ali was crying. Oh no.
       "I haven't seen her sorry Alison" I apologized and she hung up.  Then Spencer came out of the bathroom and over to me. I was the only one up.
        "Toby just called me, they found a body, Charlotte's body" she told me and my jaw dropped. Charlotte was dead