Jasmine

3 months later
Ethiopia
Jason's POV

   "Jason, are you listening to what I'm saying" jasmine asked and put her hand on mine. I broke from my day dream
     "Sorry, what were you saying" I focused on her
     "I was saying that, we have gotten more money to bye more supplies" jasmine came closer to me.
       "Well that's good" I ran my fingers through my hair. She came over and kissed me.
"What's wrong?" She asked
"Nothing" I answered
"Are you thinking about that girl again?" She asked
"I still don't know what you're talking about with that" I told her and she rolled her eyes
"Ok well do you want to hang out tonight?" She asked me
"Sure" I nodded
"See you later" she smiled. I really like Jasmine, a lot! But I miss Aria like crazy and she's always on my mind! And if jasmine finds out, I'll lose her too! Why can't I get my life together! I stood up and walked to my bed room and looked at my photo of me with Aria that I just couldn't get rid of. I held it and ripped it down the middle, splitting us apart. I took her half and threw it in the garbage. I put my picture on my dresser. I went back into the living room. I picked a few movies that Jasmine and I could watch tonight. We have been dating for 2 months.
    I went to the kitchen and got something's out to cook dinner. Nothing big. We don't have much here.

   She came over at 6:30. I heard her knock on the door. I opened it and she greeted me with a kiss.
     "Hey" she smiled
     "Hey" I smiled back. She walked in.
      "So I only have 5 movies here, so these are your options" I pointed to the dvds on the table.
       "Lets watch a comedy" she said not really answering
       "Jasmine" I laugh
        "Yeah" she answered
        "They're all comedy" I laughed and so did she. Then she picked a movie.
         "We can eat and watch" I offered the idea and she nodded. We got our plates and sat down with the movie playing.

   2 hours later the movie ended and we finished eating a while ago. We were hanging out and talking.
"How about some dessert" Jasmine bit her lip and moved closer to me.
"No I'm good" I shook my head and gave a confused look.
"What why?" She sounded offended
"We have an early day tomorrow" I used as an excuse
"Jason" I looked at her
"We aren't working tomorrow" she said and I scrambled for an excuse. She stood up.
"Jason what's up?" She asked concerned
"My rooms a mess" I laughed. She smiled
"It can't be that bad" she walked towards my room. I followed her. She walked in and looked around
"Ok this is the cleanest room ever!" She laughed.
"What is clean to you?" She asked
"I guess it's not as bad as I thought" I laughed. She walked to my dresser and saw the ripped picture of me.
"You look cute in this photo, where is the other half?" She asked and stared at the photo. But before I could answer she saw the other half in the garbage in my room. She picked up the photo of Aria. She stared at it. And examined it. Like she was trying to memorize her face.
"Is this the girl?" She sounded sad
"What" I played dumb
"Is this the girl you are always thinking about? The person you dream about when you get bored of me talking?" I saw she was sad.
"Jasmine, I was in a strong relationship with her and it took me a while to get over her" I told her
"But you clearly still aren't if you just threw this out?" She was upset clearly
"Jason, I really like you! But you aren't letting me in, I don't know what you want me to do" she sighed
" do you want me to dye my hair brown with highlights and cut it short?" She was upset. I knew she liked me but I didn't know she liked me this much. I walked to her and put my hands on her shoulders
"I don't want you to change for me, me throwing that picture out, it's a big step for me, ok" I hugged her and kissed her head.
"Why were you so in love with her" she asked me
"It's not important" I smiled
"Wait so why don't you want to.... you know?" She asked
"Because I was serious that I have to get up early in the morning" I told her.
"Ok, then I'll see you tomorrow?" She kissed me
"Yeah I'll see you tomorrow" I kissed her and she grabbed her bag and left. I picked up the photo and tore it up over and over until I'm no way could I put it back together. After what she did to me, I don't need her holding me down when she's not even here.