The Changes

Hey all, it's GreatGustav and I just want to make note of a few changes I made to the story since it first began. Since I'd really love to have this story published one day I have to make sure the story is as much mine as possible.

Now with fairy tale retellings and the such, it can be difficult or tricky because you're already dealing with something that's not 100% original. Because of this, I realized that several of my characters were in fact the sole property of some little movie making company. You might have heard of it: "Dis knee" or something like that.

Anyways, since I don't want to get hassled by lawyers or hit with a big lawsuit or something I decided to rename and alter those characters that were breaching the copywrite laws. Some were minor but one was especially major and it really sucked having to do the changes but, as I said before, it was needed. Now, I could have kept it as it was just for Wattpad and then done the changes to the story copies I'll be submitting for actual publishing but I didn't want to give myself extra work and some of the changes actually work more in the story's favour anyway so in the end, changes were made.

Anyways, here they are:

-Rajah is now Namuran

-Princess Aurora is now Princess Briar Rose

-Princess Jasmine is now Princess Balaura

-Gaston is now Artemian (and also The Huntsman)

-Jafar is now Gaphir

-Empress Maleficent is now Empress Rhiannon

So as you can see, some name changes really suck and they'll all need some getting used to, some more than others. I totally understand that, which is why I made this "chapter" for those of you who need a reminder on who the heck is that person. I apologize for the inconvenience and confusion this will most likely bring but the story isn't over and I didn't want to expand characters that were never going to make the final version of the story anyway. And if you're at this point in the story, some of those characters may not even appear again so you'll have fewer of the changes to remember.

Again, I'm sorry for putting you all through this and I hope the quality of the story isn't impacted too much. I know how much some of you loved(or loved to hate) some of the old characters but for the most part these ones are the same, just named differently. As for Rhiannon/Maleficent, her appearance was changed but she still transforms into a dragon. Because of her drastic name change, however, I also expanded on her backstory and if you keep reading on, you'll discover that it works better as her not being Maleficent anyway. Trust me, it all fits later on!

Also, the title for Book 3 has been changed from A Tale That Became to A Tale That May Come since "Became" has too much finality to it and will be reserved for the last book in the series...which will probably be Book 5.........probably........

So without boring you all any longer with my ramblings. Here is Book 4 of Selvina's Story, A Tale That Dawned. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart and the deepest depth of my soul for reading this story of mine, commenting, voting, enjoying, and just taking time out of your day to bring a smile to my face. You're all great people. I mean it. : )

Sincerely, GreatGustav