Dream Land

Darkness engulfed me, my footsteps echoing in the blackness. I couldn't see anything and everything was eerily silent. The only thing that could be heard were my soft footsteps, them lightly stepping on the cold bare floor under me. The wall that my fingers slowly drifted on was also cold and smooth under my finger tips.

The scent of baby powder filled my noise suddenly and I stopped, hearing what sounded like the giggling of a baby coming from deeper in the dark abyss. A woman's laughter quickly followed the baby's giggling and I froze, feeling my stomach jerk.

Her voice sounded so beautiful and harmonious. Her sweet-sounding laughter came again farther down in the void and I sucked in a breath of air raggedly, my empty stomach clenching. One thing taking over my thoughts: I had to see her.

My legs begin on their own accord, her laughter pulling me towards her. My heavy steps echoed in the dark abyss, them suddenly moving faster along with the baby's continuous giggling and chuckling.  I don't know why but I actually felt like I needed to see this woman. I actually ached for her.

My necklace jumped with each step in my rapid sprint. It cold against my skin. The melodious laughter was becoming louder. And as if I was suddenly seeing the light at the end of a tunnel, a light begin to appear at what I presumed was the end. This only powered me to go faster, my legs and heart pumping.

The bright, white light was blinding but I didn't stop. I just shielded my eyes from the uncomfortable light. The darkness following me seemed like it was reaching for me and didn't want me to leave it behind. The light was becoming stronger with each step I took and her and the baby's laughter too.

I could hear her voice.

"You're such a beautiful baby", her voice coed and held so much happiness and joy that my heart jumped. Her voice sounded smooth and gosh so wonderful. Like warm milk chocolate.

My breaths were coming out in pants as my arms swung by sides, pushing my self towards the bright light, feeling the pull. I collided with the light, like a speaker had been suddenly turned on full volume my senses burst to life.

The dullness that had been surrounding me evaporating. Me hitting the light, and it feeling like pushing through jelly before the feeling disappeared and I fell forward.

Falling on my stomach, the feeling of grass under my hands and the whispers of life surrounded me. Birds softly chirping, bugs communicating, and what sounded like rushing water.

"I love you Twinkle", the woman's voice whispered and I found myself shooting my head up in the direction it came from.

There sat out on a navy blue, star decorated blanket set a woman and a baby. Rollings hills laid behind her and a river where they were situated by gently past by them. Trees decorated the background and the sky was a beautiful purple, no clouds in sight. Two speckled birds glided past them and the woman chuckled along with the baby who continued to laugh for no apparent reason. Admiration shining in the woman's eyes.

She sat crossed on the grass, her hair flowing to her waist. She didn't look a day over twenty. The beautiful white and light blond tendrils that reminded me of wheat from the color sparkled in the morning's sun and blew easily in the wind. The woman's eyes were a dazzling gold which actually were glowing to a copper color as she looked at the baby, her wide smile taking over her face and her high cheek bones on full display.

"Avril do you know how much mommy loves you?"

I gasped softly, my eyes quickly flicking to the baby who rested in the woman's hands as she held her up. The baby's soft, short brown locks could be mistakable. The woman turned her gently, like she couldn't believe what she was seeing. She turned her around examining the little baby's in her hands.